chapter 9

Nevaeh

Church today was awesome. Our assistant pastor, Jacob Drenn, preached about letting worldly things get the best of us and how to let God's power and love always shine through us. He said that we can't be so guarded to the point where we cant accept his love from others. No matter who they are. I thought about about Ryan then. How he's been through so much and has been hurt but still loves, and loves hard. While we rode in the car Regan started singing. She tapped my shoulder trying to get me to sing but nobody really knows I can but her and my mom and dad. I shook my head no and she frowned.

"Why not Vaeh" she whined.

"Regan, no stop gosh" I replied while I laughed at her facial expression.

"What's wrong Ray?" Ryan asked looking at her in the rear view mirror.

"She won't sing with me" she pouted like a four year old. Rylee rolled her eyes causing me to giggle. Ryan chuckled at Regan's pouty face and I just knew he was about to tell her to chill out and relax.

"Just sing with her. At least pretend you can sing" he said making me raise my eyebrow at his ending comment. I just turned towards the window ignoring them both.

"Sing with me bubba" Regan said. I looked in the rear view mirror and she was back there smirking at me. Smdh. She changed the song and played "It Would Take All Day" by Kirk Franklin. One of my favorite songs. While the intro played Regan leaned up to the front in between me and Ryan.

"Vaeh I'm singing soprano, if youd like to join" she smirked and I plastered a fake smile on before I started singing. What? I couldn't help it.

It would take all day
To tell you
How I need you
It was hard but now
I'm learning how to trust you
And to know you
More than just my friend
Cause friendship sometimes end

It would take all day
To show you
How I miss you
When my own desires
They steal my heart from you
And hurt you
But still you say theres room
That you want me close to you
Its amazing

So incredible to me
How you look past where I am
And see where I will be
Though millions call your name
You still make time for me
Thats incredible to me

It would take all day
To tell you
How I thank you
For all those times
In my life you've come through
I appreciate you
No goodness of my own
How you forgive my wrong
Its amazing

So incredible to me
How you look past where I am
And see where I will be
Though millions call your name
You still make time for me
Thats incredible to me

So incredible to me
How birds that fly
Will testify
You will supply my needs
Although my life may change
Your promises you keep
Thats incredible to me, to me, to me, to me

If it takes all day
To tell you
I love you
This heart that beats
Each fragile piece
I give to you
Its for you
Before I knew my name
Our love was prearranged
Its amazing

So incredible to me
How you look past where I am
And see where I will be
Though millions call your name
You still make time for me
Thats incredible to me

So incredible to me
How birds that fly
Will testify
You will supply my needs
Although my life may change
Your promises you keep
Thats incredible to me
That incredible to me

When the song was over we were parking at chilies. I was so into the song I forgot we were driving. Rylee erupted in applause. Regan was smiling and hype back there too. Ryan turned to me smiling while looking suprised.

"Why you didnt tell me you could sing like that? Some best friend you are." he said smirking.

"Just one of my hidden talents I guess"

"So every year when they make us three sing, you just be out there chillin?" he said looking hurt. Like really hurt. Those eyes got me though.

"Would you like for me to sing with yall next time? I can do it Ryan."

"Dang, no need to beg Kenz, sure you can sing with us. Girls go get us a table, I need to talk to Vaeh." His serious tone that made me a little nervous. Regan winked my way before getting out. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her before turning my attention to Ryan. It looked like something was really bothering him. He waited until the girls were inside the restaurant before he looked down at the floorboard and spoke.

"I wanna say thank you for-" he said before I cut him off.

"You dont have to thank me Ry. You know-" he cut me off.

"No you dont understand. Nobody and I mean nobody can calm me down, relax me or any of that like you can." he grabbed my hand playing with the ring my dad gave me as a sign of purity.

"Vaeh... I like you. More than just a friend. I know you feelin me too but I know you wont try a relationship because of your past but I'm gonna get you. Just wait on it." He kissed my cheek and with that he got out the car leaving me speechless once again.

Im sorry guys...ima try to post two more chapters. I need likes guys...please.
-Brea