Chapter 16

Y/N P.O.V

Quigley grabbed my hand as we strolled through the icy forest. My cut was burning now, but I didn't want to show it. It would be embarrassing! 

"According to the this..." Quigley said, studying my yellowed map. "Town's that way. We can catch a trolley."

"O-Ok." I said, clutching my eye. He looked back at me and frowned.

"Are you sure you're okay Y/n?" Quigley said. The cut was more than I expected it to be, more severe. The pain was probably numb with the cold, but now it started to sting. Quigley removed my hand and gasped. Blood was on my hand and tricking down my face. He grabbed my wrist and ran faster.

"What are you doing?" I shouted. 

"We need to get you to a hospital, fast!" Quigley shouted back.

"It's really not that bad!" I continued, though it hurt tremendously. 

We were finally out of the woods. The bleeding died down but there still was a smudge when I pressed my hand painfully against the cut to numb the pain. We went on the trolley and waited till the conductor to call out our destination.

"Here." Quigley took out a handkerchief from his coat pocket and pressed it on my face. All along he stared into my eyes, and I stared back.

"Thank you." I said.

"My pleasure." He whispered, smiling while still staring deeply into my eyes.