Chapter 11

Quigley P.O.V

We were at the top of the mountain, peeking over the waterfall. A man with hooks for hands was on the lookout, guarding a cage.

"That must be Sunny!" Y/n gasped, 

An adorable baby was inside the cage, chatting with the man. 

"She doesn't seem scared..." I whispered. 

Sunny's little eyes met mine and she asked the man something, preferably something about wanting a fizzy drink.  The man left in a hurry and Y/n scurried up and hid behind a rock while I followed her.

Y/n climbed out from behind the rock and went up to Sunny.

"I'm Y/n L/n, friend of your siblings Violet and Klaus! We need to get you out of here, they are at the bottom of the mountain." she whispered.

Sunny looked at me confused and babbled: "Duncan?"

"No, Quigley. He survived the fire. There is so much to tell you I-" Y/n said.

"Oh Babylaire!" A voice called out from the tents. 

"Hide." Sunny said.

We both scurried back behind the rocks and saw Count Olaf with two other people. We overheard their plan of making more orphans. As soon as we were about to hear more information, a piece of the icy waterfall we were on chipped and Y/n slipped. 

"Ah!" She shrieked. I quickly grab her wrist before she plummeted down. 

"I got you!" I said, pulling her up.

"The figures snapped their heads over to us and slowly trotted forward. We had to climb back down to a ledge and be as quiet as possible, so we didn't get caught.

Breathing hard, we glanced to each other, still hand in hand...