Chapter 6

Y/n P.O.V

Quigley nodded, smiled and place his hand around my shoulder. 

I smiled sadly.

Klaus looked at my map and said, "Your parents were part of V.F.D too?"

I looked up. "You know about V.F.D?" They all nodded. 

"Our parents were all related, and that's why all our houses got burnt down by fires..." Violet added sadly. "We came here because we thought one of our parents still might be alive. Our mind still ponders the world with questions that could only be answered by one book, which we are struggling to find..."

"Did it look like this?" Quigley asked, pulling out a small notebook and in it was a pencil drawing of the exact book I found in the ruins of my house. 

"I had that!" I soon realized I left it at the bank. "All I have left is this map." I spread it down on a old table that was surprisingly still standing, but barely. As we inspected the map, I saw an image of the Mortmain Mountain to realize it was right outside of the burnt head quarters. As I gaze up at the tall cold icy mountain, I saw some kind of green smoke emitting from the top of the peak. 

"Hey, what's that?" I pointed out. We all walk outside and looked up at the smoke. I remembered reading it in the book, and soon realized what it was.

"That's a..." Quigley started, "Verdant Flammable Device." I added in, us both saying it at the same time. I glanced over at Quigley and he smiled back. 

"It's used to send signals. That means somebody from V.F.D might be up there." Quigley said.

"Or Sunny..." Violet added. 

"How are we going to get up there?" I asked. "The only other way is-"

"No." Violet interrupted. "Look at the waterfall..."