Finest moment

Kyle's pov:

I wake up not knowing where I am at first I start to look around and realize I'm in the hospital oh ok. Wait the hospital I began to freak out. I start flailing around until a pair of warm hands steady me it's... mom thank God.

"OH my god Kyle you do not know how much I love you" she pleads pulling me into a hug.

"Ow" I say I look down to see my leg in a cast my mom follows my gaze.

"Mom, what happend" I ask desperately.

"Oh honey you were in a car accident" she says I can tell she has been crying her face is all red a puffy not her finest moment this was not any of our finest moments... wait Nellie!

"Mom Nellie is Nellie ok?" I ask

" Not nearly as bad as you." She says

"I don't care who has more severe inquiries I care if my friend is ok !" I spit out anx mom gives me the please not now look and I simply say whatever.

After about 5 minutes of sitting in uneasy silence. Ty and Katie come in the room Katie immediately runs and jumps on my bed to give me a bear hug. Ty on the other hand keeps his distance and just nods to me from the end of my hospital bed. I'm guessing this is because of our argument earlier. I decided I can't handle this tension between us.

"Hey guys can me and Ty have a moment" I ask politely.

"Yes, yes of course, come on Katie" Mom says as she's leading Katie out of the room.

"Listen im-" we both say at the same time.

"You go first" I say.

"No, I insist" Ty says gesturing his hands for me to talk.

"OK here I go, look Ty I'm so sorry I took your car and wigged out on you, you don't deserve that, and Annie and Nellie did not deserve to hear that I ruined the night I ruined your car I ruined my chance with A-" I say with tears threatening to fall.

"With who" he says almost looking angry?

"I'll get into the details later" I say seeing Aunt Helen, Dana Sue, Annie, Ronnie and dad outside the door. I decided to get the tears over with now rayher than later

"Can you let them in?" I ask ty. (The usual happend "I was so scared" "I love you" "how are you feeling" plus the awkward glances between me and Annie)

Annie's pov:

After seeing Kyle I don't know it just feels like something changed other than the fact he was just in a car accident.

I brush the thought out of my mine and folow everyone into the waiting room to see Cece she gets up and runs to hug Ty I can't hear what she saying. So I just decided to go sit down.

After a few minutes Cece finally leaves and I f realize that this whole time I have been zoned out. I look up and the first thing I see is a crying Jackson for a spilt second I think why is HE crying till I realize... Nellie was in the accident. Without even thinking I get up and sit next to Jackson. He looks over at me and no with no hesitation throws his arms around me. We sat there hugging for what felt like hours but was probably only minutes.

When he finally pulls away he looks at me and says "N-nellie is she ok they won't let me go back there until my parents are here".

"Shes-" I get interrupted by Jackson parents barging into the waiting room.

"Where are my kids, where are they!" screams Mrs. Lewis with Mr. Lewis directly behind her.

I slowly intertwine my fingers with Jackson's to let him know I'm here if he needs me and my best guess is he does because he stands up pulling me with him now we are walking to both of our families holding hands. Oh God I'm going to get in so much trouble and what will Ty think.

All of these thoughts running threw my head get interrupted by the fact that we have stopped here we go.