Dinner

"So, are you in town just for the mall?" Rin asked. They hadn't been able to find anything he wanted to get Haru. In frustration, Rin left the mall. There was a coffee shop on the corner near the bus stop.

"No, I had a set back. Tore up my shoulder. The surgery went well and I'm able to swim again. Working with a physical therapist and a couch to get back on the team."

"What team you looking at?" Rin asked. Sosuke shrugged.

"I figured once I'm good to go, I would apply to college. I know I'll have some difficulty in getting on a team, but I'm sure I can do it." He grinned.

"That's our Sosuke. Nothing ever did keep you down for long." Rin grinned.

"Not if I could help it. You live around here?" Sosuke asked.

"Not far. Have to take the bus a few stops, but I got a nice place above this bakery..." Rin chucked recalling how the other swimmer liked his pastries.

"I'm staying at a hotel for now. Not sure how much longer I can keep that up. It's hard looking for a place when I don't know where I'll be in a year..." Sosuke looked out the window.

"Well, uh, my place is a two bedroom. I did have a roommate for awhile, but he graduated and moved away." Rin stated.

"Are you looking for another roommate?" Sosuke asked, fighting to keep the hope from his eyes.

"Honestly, I was hoping Haru would move in, but he found "the perfect place!" once he sold his house. So, now I don't know. I guess I am." Rin grinned again. "How cool would it be to be roommates again. Like on that trip to Tokyo in middle school!" He cried recalling the last trip he went on with the other guy.

"Yeah we had a blast, right!" Sosuke laughed. They sat talking about some old times until they finished their coffees.

"Why don't you come to my place? I can show you around see if you like it?" Rin offered. Sosuke agreed and they went to catch the bus.

"It's close to school." Rin stated as they waited for their bus.

"Do you and Haru go to the same school?" Sosuke asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah Hidaka. We met last year at tryouts." Rin explained.

"Wait, mister I live for swimming didn't know about Haruka Nanase before last years tryouts?" Sosuke dropped his money in the slot as he walked up onto the bus behind Rin.

"No, I heard of him, even swam against him a few times. We did that relay against him remember?" He smirked dropping into an open seat.

"We did?" Sosuke wouldn't recall much of who he swam against. When Rin was beside him, that's all that mattered to him. The redhead was like a magnet for his eyes. Those sharp teeth, red eyes, cool long fingers.... Rin Matsuoka was the embodiment of perfection. Now, he was even better.

Even though Rin was fully covered, Sosuke could tell he had muscles, abs, not to mention the perfect ass. He had been staring at it all day. Rin had been his first crush. Maybe even his first love. He had felt broken, abandoned, depressed when Sosuke's parents moved them to Italy in middle school. It worked out great for his older brother, who became a chef. For Sosuke, he was torn from everything and everyone he knew and loved.

"What do you think?" Rin asked a cheeky smirk on his face.

"What, huh?" Sosuke blinked. Rin laughed hitting Sosuke on the arm.

"Oh, man I could tell you weren't listening to me!" Rin roared. Sosuke joined in simply because he loved how the other looked laughing.

"What the hell did you want?" he shoved his friend.