7

"Hey! You all look stuffed." Maddie said as her and Alex were sitting in the kitchen. Tyler hasn't told Alex about the kiss between him and Annie. Annie had kissed him the night of the fundraiser when all of the kids gathered at the school and drank too much. Annie was drunk and Tyler took her home and she kissed him then sent him a voicemail telling him it was the best kiss ever. Tyler had to try and figure out how he was gonna tell Alec but they weren't exactly on speaking terms at the moment.

"Noreen made a sundae bar, Mama! I had marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles."

"Well, I'm so glad you had a nice time."

"How was the first day at the spa?"

"It wasn't as busy as we'd hoped, but somehow, I'm still exhausted."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Thanks for asking."

"Can we watch TV?"

"As long as you've finished your homework." Kyle then walks off to watch TV with Katie. "Tyler, I want to talk to you."

"Uh, yeah."

"We don't have secrets in this house."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Especially because we've seen firsthand the damage that they can cause."

"I know, Mom."

"Which is why I want you to be the first to know that...Coach Cal and I are going to dinner."

"Uh... Like on a date?"

"Yeah, a date."

"You're expecting me to be excited about this?"

"Tyler, I'm sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable. Truly, I am. I'm not asking for permission.

"Mom, I want you to be happy. Okay? But I just... Baseball is the one good thing I have in my life right now."

"And that's not gonna change, nobody wants that. Look, Tyler... Sometimes, it's hard to predict
who you're gonna be attracted to. One day, you will understand that."

"Yeah, maybe." He says as he looks at Alex and this makes her look away. "Thanks for letting me know." Tyler watches as Alex leave the room and up the stairs which makes Tyler follow her.

"Alex! Wait! I need to talk to you." Tyler said but Alex keeps on walking. "Please Alex! Stop!"

"I have nothing to say to you." Alex said as she reaches her room.

"Alex!" Tyler then grabs her shoulders and turns her around to look at him. "Look, I'm sorry for saying our kiss was a mistake, okay? It wasn't a mistake. I'm sorry for saying it was but it wasn't because I like you Alex, a lot and I don't want to lose you. You're my best friend and do I want to be more? Yes of course I do but if you don't that's fine and we can just stick with being best friends." Tyler said and this makes Alex smile.

"Of course I want to be more than just friends, why do you think I was so hurt when you said that kiss was a mistake? I like you too Ty and it hurt when you said that kiss was a mistake because it felt like you were saying that you just wanted to be friends and nothing more." Alex explained.

"I want to be more." This made Alex smile. "So, Alexandria Penelope Jones, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes! Of course!" Alex then jumps into Tyler's arms and they kiss before hugging. They then spent the rest of the night just talking. They talked about everything except for one thing and it was the kiss that Tyler and Annie shared.

~~~~~~~

"Okay, so break this down for me again. You were texting her mom a cover story and she just suddenly kisses you?" Gabe asked as he was trying to make sense of the whole situation.