The Monsters (Mystery/ Horror)

THE MONSTERS AND US!
Avneet, Siddharth, Jannat and Riyaz are best friends and neighbours from very long, as time goes by, they went to different places for pursuing their further studies. But every year for holidays they used to return to their home town which is in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. Their village resides alongside the Nallamalla forest.
Once when they were all 19 years old and were in their hometown all their parents went to gather some resources from the barks of the trees in the forest. Even the most courageous people are afraid of going into the forest as it is termed to be "HAUNTED"! all the friends were chilling over their places and they started to play hide and seek for old times' sake.
Sid was the keeper and the others were struggling to hide. Just then they heard a cry actually only Jannat heard the cry, she was immediately dragged through a mysterious magnetic force towards the forest. Riyaz saw this but he thought she was going somewhere to hide. Hence all of them continued the game, Sid found Avneet and Riyaz while Riyaz and Avneet were hoping Jannat would make them win.
It was almost 15 mins and Jannat was not to be seen anywhere. Now everyone got alert and started searching for her seriously, just then Riyaz remembered seeing her and he realized she was going towards

the forest when he saw her last. He just fell down and was crying. Avneet and Sid asked what's wrong because he was always the cool guy in all the tough situations and seeing him like this they felt that he is tensed about Jannat because he liked her. Riyaz said, "I... {he was struggling to say the words} I've seen her going towards the jungle I didn't realise she was going that side earlier I just thought that she was going somewhere to hide." Now both of them were also stunned and tensed because they exactly know what Riyaz was thinking.
There were many rumours that people get called from the haunted place. Sid immediately went to his house and packed things like water, some food, rope etc... Avneet was always the sensible one in the group, she took a paper and wrote a note that there were on a mission to find Jannat and she even wrote to inform the forest officers to get extra force and that they will try to resolve the issue of haunted forest if possible, she struck the note to the table lying between her and Riyaz's house. Riyaz then said, "Are you mad? Our parents will get tensed why did you write that we're going to resolve all that? We aren't doin' anything of that sort, right?"
Avneet then replied, "You dumb head! of course not." Riyaz was confused and he asked "Then do you want to give our parents heart attack?" Avneet face palmed and she was about to reply when Sid said, " she did the right thing you dumbo! We need to be prepared for the

worse we don't know what we're going to face over there and we even aren't sure if we will be back and we will need a backup support too, this isn't a picnic, idiot. We're going to the haunted place and we don't know what's awaiting for us over there."
It was almost 30 mins since they found Jannat was not to be seen, now they held each other's hand with Avneet in the middle of both of them. They were afraid but they had to do this for their friend.
All of them have reached till the middle of the forest now and everything seemed a little suspicious because the trees over there were having barks but no leaves and it was mid-summer time but the leaves were falling of like it was autumn. All three of them were dead seriously watching every single move around them not due to alertness but because of fear, suddenly they find a standing figure a little further and they slowly move towards it.
It's almost 2hrs that they had been moving towards the standing figure but its still far from their reach. The main problem here was that they didn't realise they were following it from past 2 hrs it was like they were in some kind of trance. Suddenly Sid steps on a branch and falls down, that's when he realises, they weren't in their senses he then pulls Avneet off. He was about to pull Riyaz from the trance but Avneet stops him saying, "we need to find Janu and I think this will lead us to the spot and as we're not in trance anymore lets act

that we don't know anything and follow them but don't pull of Riyaz lets see what happens..." Sid found that her idea was reasonable and if anything happens they can protect Riyaz at that moment, so the proceeded forward until they reach a big banyan tree which is about 5 times the original size of a banyan tree. The standing figure is then revealed to be Jannat lying unconscious but controlled by someone because she was moving. All three of them followed Jannat into the root of the tree, where they found a giant lying creature.
It's been 25 minutes and nobody uttered a single word. The creature then woke up making Avneet and Siddharth startle. The creature then started speaking, "finally! Now I can have my dinner properly, I really don't know how I was cursed and blessed with the same thing, {evil laugh} you wanna know? Wanna know???" "yes, we do." Replied Avneet. That is when the creature found out that Avneet and Siddharth weren't in his trance.
Instead of getting angry he laughed and said, "This is surely the first time I can see a reply for my questions and honestly speaking I'm tired of speaking to statue like people where the conversation is only one sided." Sid was confused how Avneet was so confidently speaking to that 10ft creature or monster could be the better word. Then he saw towards her then she whispered, "We can't go out from here without getting Janu and Riyaz into their senses and we might find a solution in