Chapter 4

We came back home and then I got some homework done. Nathan walked in and sat with me on my bed.
"Nathan? Are you still working at the police station?" I asked.
"Yea." He said.
"Do you want kids some day?" I asked.
"Only with you." He said while kissing my cheek."why are you asking all these questions?" He asked.
"To make sure I will never lose you because of differences." I said.
"You won't lose me because of differences." Nathan said.
All of the sudden the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it." I said
I got out of bed and walked down stairs and opened the door. It was Jack.
"Jayden!" Jack said as he hugged me.
"Hey Jack." I said awkwardly "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I thought I would come visit." Jack said smiling. Jack came inside and said he was staying at a hotel. Nathan came downstairs and shook hands with Jack.
"Do you mind if I take Jade out for dinner?" Jack asked Nathan.
"Go ahead and catch up." Nathan said.
It was really awkward. I got in the car with Jack and we went to McDonalds and got burgers.
"How's school going?" Jack asked.
"It's going good." I said.
"So are you and Nathan a thing now?" Jack asked.
"Yea." I said smiling.
"What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.
"Yea. Her name is Grace." Jack said.
"Cool. How's school going for you?" I asked.
"Good." Jack said.
We talked for awhile and then went for a walk. It was now 7:46 p.m.
"Jayden I know this is really awkward for me to pop up out of no where but I just have to tell you that I still love you." Jack said.
I was shocked. "What about Grace? Don't you love her?" I asked.
"Yea but not like I loved you." Jack said as we stopped walking.
"Jack." I said.
"No Jade. You don't understand. I miss you like crazy." Jack said.
"Jack I love Nathan. I can't just leave him for you." I said.
"Why not you did the same to me." Jack said.
" Jack no I didn't. I left for college and then me and Nathan got back together." I said.
Jack and I went back to my house. When I walked in I saw Nathan and another girl kissing on the couch.
"Nathan?!" I yelled while tears were forming in my eyes.
"Jayden. It's not what it looks like." Nathan said.
"Oh so your not kissing another girl?" I asked. I wiped the tears away.
"Jayden. I am so sorry." Nathan said grabbing my hand.
I pulled away. "Don't touch me." I yelled and ran into my room and locked the door.
I couldn't believe he did it again. I wasn't going to cry because I was so stupid for thinking he wouldn't do it again. If he did it once he would do it a million times. I looked at my phone and texted Nathan that I am going to get a dorm at the university so I will be out tomorrow. I started packing and I heard a knock so I opened the door.
"I don't know why you have to move out." Nathan said. I just ignored him.
"Now your not going to talk to me? I told you I was sorry. Why do you have to ignore me? God you are so stupid." Nathan said.
"I just don't understand why you had to cheat again. Sorry doesn't change what you did. At least I wasn't stupid enough to cheat." I said.
"Bull crap. I know you kissed Jack." Nathan said.
"Actually no I didn't. Jack professed his love to me but I told him I was in love with you and I couldn't leave you." I said.
"Jack told you he loved you?" Nathan asked.
"Yea. But I told him no because I loved you. But why does it matter to you now? You cheated on me." I said.
"Jayden it was a stupid mistake I thought you would have kissed Jack." Nathan said.
"Well you should have known better because I don't cheat unlike you." I said. "You know what? I am not going to move because there are no dorms available but you better not bring her back in this house and not bring her up." I said.
"I won't." Nathan said as he walked out of my room.
I wish there was a dorm that way I could leave. I went downstairs and made myself pizza rolls. I got a cup of ranch and sat down at the table.
"Why didn't you make any for me? " Nathan asked.
"Because I'm not responsible for you anymore." I said.
I finished and went upstairs put on a pink shirt with blue ruffles and white shorts on I curled my hair and put it in a bun with a braid going across it and but in make up and black high heels. I grabbed my sunglasses and went downstairs.
"Where you going?" Nathan asked.
"Somewhere away from here." I said as I walked out the door.
I pulled my car onto the side of the road and got out I was walking and I sat on the park bench when I heard someone say.
"Hi my name is Connor." Said some guy who sat down next to me.
"Hi I'm Jayden." I said.
Connor have blue eyes, brown hair with a little blonde in it, he was at least 6'0 and had muscular arms.
We shook hands. We talked for awhile and had a lot in common. I think I like this guy but it's too soon because I just broke up with Nathan.