Saying Goodbye

"Are there any volunteers?" Croatia Andervell, the districts escort, calls. I look at Sophia pleadingly but she just smirks and waves. I feel a surge of anger at my sister, I have done everything for her and she can't wait to see me die.

I search the crowd for Mum, Lia and Helena. They are all crying. And there is nothing they can do. I support my family. If I die, they die except if Sophia will be generous enough to donate some of her new found wealth once she marries the mayors son.

"Okay, sooo moving on to the boys," Croatia shuffles the slips of paper around the bowl, "Mason Reyonlds," I am in shock. Mason Reyonlds is the mayors older son. He is 18 so his name was only entered 7 times but everyone knows that he is a complete ass-hole so I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody rigged it. Oh and Mason is Sophia's fiance.

I do feel sorry for the mayor though, Mason is his only son and the mayor is a lovely person, he was so surportive when my father died.

The peacekeepers lead us to the justice building where we can say our goodbyes and all my family rush in and engulf me in a massive hug. Everyone other than Sophia who was probably with Taylor.

"You have to pwomise to come back," Helena say finding it difficult to pronounce her Rs. Tears come to my eyes and I wipe them away.

"I pwomise," I reply imitating her which causes Helena to let out a small laugh.

"Two minute are up," A peacekeeper says and starts dragging them out of the room. Helena and Lia start sobbing again.

"Look after them!" I scream at my Mum, "I LOVE YOU!"

If I die, they die. Thats why I have to win