chapter 10

And I really hoped that I was wrong about the fire damper, but sadly I wasn't.

­­­­­­­­——————————————————

'Eddie, this is grace's fire damper

'Eddie, this is grace's fire damper. Can you go to the car and bring me my bag and the my service gun in the secured bag? I'll go with Athena to her office. We have some problems now.' 'Sure, you need anything else?' 'No, thanks.' With that Eddie goes to his truck and Athena and I slowly walk back to her office.

'Okay Sky. Now tell me everything about this fire damper. How did Grace lost it?' 'We had a gun fight back in Dschalalabad. Grace lost her gun and we had to go, so we couldn't get it back.'

Eddie has caught up with us. 'What do you wanna do now?' he asks. 'Talking with the Master Sergeant and the Sergeant Major from my department.' In my bag were my uniform which I put on. I enter my code at the side of the bag and put my service gun to my hip. After I did that took a laptop out of my bag and create a secure line to the Master Sergeant and the Sergeant Major. 'How can you make this look so easy?' Athena asked laughing while it rang. 'You know I did this everyday when I have shift. Eddie can do this too.' Right after I finished my sentence, I see Master Sergeant Hayes and Sergeant Major Moore.

'Sergeant First Class Diaz. What is going on?' 'Master Sergeant Hayes, Sergeant Major Moore. I'm sorry for interrupting. We have a situation here. With me my husband former army field medic Eddie Diaz and Field Sergeant Athena Grant-Nash.' I start the call. 'First of all we heard what happened last night. Everything ok?' Sergeant Major Moore asks. 'I'm fine. 1 flesh wound lower abdomen, 2 entry wounds in my left thigh. Everything removed and I'm sewed up. Actually my call has to do something with yesterday.' They both looked at me confused. 'You know I stopped the thing. This boy had a semi-automatic gun, with a fire damper, which belonged to someone from my unit. I don't know if you can remember, but I came with a special request to you. For a dark green fire damper with an engraved star. Later I came to you with a missing report for a gun we lost in a fire fight. That was the gun with that fire damper. The boy had this fire damper on his gun.' I try to explain the situation to them. 'That's impossible. How could he get to this?' 'I don't know. That's why I called. I have absolutely no idea how he can get to this. We lost it in Dschalalabad.' 'Anymore information you have right now?' 'No, but I would come by after I get the evidence, the files and statements.' 'We try to get some information from our people in Dschalalabad.' 'I'll be there in about an hour. Thanks for your time Master Sergeant and Sergeant Major.' 'Good bye.' The line went dead. 'I'll get you everything we have.' 'Thank you Athena.' 'Sure'

40 Minutes later Eddie and I are standing right before the gate of the base. A friend of mine has gate duty. 'Damon, how are you?' 'Sky, Eddie. Long time no see. I'm good. How are you two? How's Chris?' 'We're good. Chris is fine.' Eddie answers. 'What brings you here?' 'Meeting with Hayes and Moore. You heard about that shooting in Walmart yesterday?' 'Sure. Army officer stop- That was you?' 'Yes that was Sky. Had to be heroic again.' 'We catch up over a drink sometimes? We have to get going now.' 'Sure, I'll call you.' 'See you.' With that he opened the gate and let us through.

I knew where we had to go, so we walked right into the office area. In one of the biggest offices, the office of Sergeant Major Moore, we find both of them. I knock on the door and hear a muffled 'Come in'. Eddie and I step in. 'Sergeant First Class, Mister Diaz. We go into a conference room. We have a long distance video call with our people in Dschalalabad.' 'Okay, you lead the way.' Moore leads the way, Hayes is behind him, Eddie and I behind them. With my crutches I'm not the fastest.

The secure line was already made and I already saw the face of Grace, my whole unit and some other officers. 

——————————————————
I'm back!
Sorry that there wasn't a new chapter for so long😅