Chapter 8

I opened my eyes, and I fell to the ground, gasping.

There was a blue-ish light, surrounding me and Akrasia, he was muttering some words and his green eyes were glowing like crystals, the stalactite was debris around us, the shield faded away, and he looked at me.

"...are you ok?" he asked, brushing off his arms, "don't scream next time."

I stood up, my knees shaking, "I think I'm okay..."

"We should get out of here, soon, all the stalactites will fall soon." Akrasia said.

"But the dragon!" I said, "and my dad?"

"If you haven't noticed already," he muttered, angrily, "they aren't here! I bet this entire thing is just a prank set up from your mom or something! Let's just go back!"

I looked at him in disbelief,

"And your dad!" he yelled, "he's dead! Just accep-"

I slapped him square across the face, then a grabbed a plant from the ground,

"LOOK!" I yelled, "LOOK AT THIS PLANT! ITS DYING!!! THIS ISLANDS CORE MAKES ALL PLANTS THRIVE, THERE WAS NEVER DEAD ONES! THERE IS THE DRAGON, AND I WILL KILL IT TO SAVE EVERYONE, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, AT LEAST YOU'VE SEEN YOUR FATHER IN THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!"

He pushed me away and climbed on Lantern, "you wouldn't survive a day without me, just leave."

I tried to convince him, but he started flying to the exit, I took a step back, and then I heard something.

Crack

Something crumbled and a bright light glowed from the gold thing I found earlier.

Was it the dragon?

No.

A shining creature flew out of a gold egg, they had pink skin, gold hair, four deep black eyes, and giant gold wings.

"Who are you...?" I gasped; they were absolutely beautiful.

"Who are you?" the creature said with a high voice, mimicking me, "what do you mean who are you, this is my home!"

"Oh!" I said, "I'm Glory, I'm here for an important mission."

I started explaining, but she was focused on Akrasia, who was still finding the exit, then, a gold string flew across the cave, and wrapped around Lantern's tail,

"What do you want?!?" Akrasia grumbled, turning around.

"No one leaves this cave once they come in." the pink creature glared, pulling him in. "At least without my permission."

Another gold string whizzed from her hand, and they wrapped around Akrasia's arms, "especially if they're... human."

"Let me go, you crazy alien!" Akrasia yelled, fumbling with the strings,

"What are you?" I asked, "a spider? Or... a moth?"

"I'm Jean, a pink silk moth, why are you guys here?"

"I need to save the island, it's going to collapse soon, I lived here my whole life!" I muttered, "Can... you help us?"

She looked at me, up and down, "Sure. Why not? I live here too."

"Great, so-"

"Nuh uh!" she said, grabbing my hands, "I know what to do." 

her hands were silky and smooth, like cream

--------------------------------------

heya!

what did you eat for your last meal????

was it good?

- meimeyae

:D