Pleasure

Nathalie's POV

After dinner, I asked for a bottle of the best cabernet in the house, opened it and poured it into our glasses. The sweet smell of grapes, gooseberries, blackberries, and some soft floral and herbal scents invaded my nostrils.

"What are you doing, Nathalie?" Gabriel's voice brought me back from my admiration of the breavage.

"Enjoying a good wine as I should."

"Is that so?" He inquired, letting my bun fall in a cascade of blueish hair.

I blushed, clueless about what to answer or how.

"Sir, I..."

"No more sir," he chuckled. "Come here and enjoy the wine 'as you should'," he ordered as he held me in his arms and sat me on his lap.

A faint blush crept up his cheeks as I turned around and positioned a leg on either side of his, facing him, almost nose-to-nose.

"N-Nathalie," he stuttered.

"What, Gabriel?" I inquired, sipping on my wine. "Is this not what you asked, sir?"

"Not what I planned... but certainly better. How do you do that, Nath?"

"Do what?"

"Always know what I truly want... or what is best for me, for that matter of fact. Do you read minds?"

"Well, you read feelings, is it even surprising?"

"I did so with some magic... you know I am not the best at that."

"Nor am I... but I've learnt to know you. To know what you want, what you need, what you desire," I whispered in his ears.

He shivered. I smiled and sipped on my wine.

I felt his hand clasp my waist and press me even more against his body. The dress rolled up and now it laid just a bit lower than my hip. Not that I minded it, certainly.

"I have something to show you when we go upstairs," he sipped on his wine and served some more for both.

"And what is it?"

"A surprise... for you. I... that was when I realised I was kind of liking you more than I should professionally speaking."

I let out a loud giggle. That was sweet, and coming from him? Even sweeter.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" He asked, I looked at him befuddled.

"No," I replied sheepishly.

"Really? Surprising."

"Well, it's not like I didn't have my chances... but for me it has always been my career and then this family... and our plans."

"Do you ever feel sorry? I mean, for abandoning your career path to work for us."

"Well, I certainly miss doing what I loved, but I guess investigating is more of my sort of thing rather than searching and getting my hands dirty... and taking the risk of breaking something in any of the archaeological excavations."

"Thank you..."

"What for?"

"Well... firstly for leaving everything behind in order to work for us... and, secondly for giving me a chance. I guess I am a lucky man, after all."

"And I am a lucky woman. Mr. Agreste himself is madly in love with me? Woah," I teased him.

"Well, a man that has only loved once and you made him love again... it is quite an achievement on your part, Miss Sancoeur."