CHAPTER EIGHT.

🌹LET THEM DATE YOU THEN!🌹

' It's been three hours. " I thought to myself. My so-called father was yet to arrive and my mum looked worried as she kept on dialing his number but he didn't pick up the call, he was always up to something.

" Okay, I am tired of waiting for someone who doesn't value time so am gonna take my leave." I grabbed my bag.

" Moana dear, just wait a little bit. He might be delayed because of traffic. " My mum persuaded me but before I could give a befitting reply, we heard the sound of an engine going off. Marvel looked at the window and nodded.

" He is here. "

" Took him long enough. " I retorted.

Marvel went ahead to open the door for the man to come in.

" Hello, father. " He greeted.

" You are welcome, dad. " Angel greeted as well.

" Welcome, Joshua. " My mum hugged him.

" How is everyone doing? " He asked.

" Fine, thank you. " Angel responded.

He looked at me and I stared back at him, not ready to give in. I looked at the time then back at my home.

"Let's get this over with mum, where's the meal? " I walked away and settled down like the proud lady I was. I heard the sounds of their footsteps drawing nearer and they joined me. The silence was awkward but I didn't care as long as the delicious meal in front of me was shoved down my throat. I continued eating and forgot about the table manners I was taught.

When we were done eating, I wiped my stained mouth with the napkin placed beside my plate. I drank the wine and burped out a little.

" Thank you mum for the wonderful meal. " I appreciated and blew me a kiss.

" You are welcome. " She smiled and that was what mattered most to me, her smile.

I picked up my phone, ready to leave when my mum held my hands.

" Don't leave yet. " I frowned.

" Why? " I asked.

" I don't want you to leave. " She replied.

" Mum, I will have to branch off at Jake's house. " I said.

" So, that is what you have been up to these days? " My dad asked and I turned to look at him.

" I beg your pardon? "

" I heard about how you and your friends made Jerry appear bad in front of this family. " I scoffed.

" So, everything was your idea? How many times do I need to let you know that I am not interested in marriage or anyone you present? Why don't you get it? " I said.

" I am your father, Moana and I know what is best for you only if you would listen. "

" You know what is best for me? I doubt that, you know nothing. All you want is to grow your business through a contract marriage and I am not going to accept that. I am still young to get married and I have a whole time to spend. "

" These boys are now influencing you but they can't pay you. They won't be able to stand with you against all odds. They can destroy your life. "

" Those boys were the ones who helped me financially, those who stood by me when the man who calls himself my father hardly knows a thing about me. "

" So, what is it that you want? " My mum asked.

" I don't want to get married. The last time my engagement party was held, I was almost sold to other men. I was freaking trafficked. That's something I won't like to go through. " I explained.

" So, you want to stick with the boys? " My mum asked.

" Yes. They are my best friends. "

I grabbed my bag, not wanting to spend a second in that room.

" I will call you later mum. "

I made my way to the entrance but I was stopped by what he said.

" Why don't you just let them date you? " My dad sounded angry.

I didn't give any reply before finally leaving.

🌹AUTHOR'S NOTE🌹

This isn't the original script in my book but I just don't want to make the father-daughter relationship go fighting at all. So, she is only angry because being the middle child, she received less love from her father and I hope to shed more light on that very soon

How was this chapter for you guys?

Sorry if it got too weird for you but if there is any need for a touch-up, I will quickly add it.

Thank you for reading.

Please vote★★ and comment✍✍✍✍.