◃◂ breathe ▸▹

TW: PANIC ATTACK

Natasha has her head laid down on your chest, clinging on you while reading a magazine. You'd stroke her head from time to time but that eventually changed when you felt the tigthness in your chest begins.

You were half-laying on the bed with your back on the headboard, so practically Natasha was being the small spoon. She whimpered in annoyance when she didn't feel your finger tips on her scalp, which you found out that it brings relaxation to your russian assassin.

She waited for any action from you but she recieved none, and so she furrowed her eyebrows and made a pout, but continued reading the magazine. After a minute or two she stayed still in place. Peacfulness dawned the both of you when all of a sudden Natasha softened her features, listening carefully to your heartbeat. She could barely hear a single beat.

"Babe?" She asked, turning her head so she could look at you. "Y/N?" She repeated, and when reality kicked in, she panicked.

She grabbed your chin turning your head to look at her. "Look at me," she demanded, wanting you to look at her in the eye. "Y/N, look at me!" She demanded once more, much louder this time. You turned your gaze.

Your eyes were bloodshot from the silent tears that had been streaming down your face for longer than ten minutes. Although, they were blank and empty, unlike the ones that was alive and filled with so many emotions. Your hands were limp. Your breathing was shallow as if no air was enterring your lungs. Your body was pale.

Natasha knew exactly what was happening, she had been here to witness every panic attack that you have, from the bad and most worst panic that you had, and this time was one of the worst.

"Baby, it's okay, you're safe," she whispered while gently stroking your cheeks with her thumb, causing you to slightly tilt your head to feel more warmth. She smiled at your actions.

"Nat..." You breathed out, still no air enterring in your lungs.

"Shhh, it's okay, take your time, just breathe." She whispered soothingly while holding you in her arms. "It's gonna be okay, baby." she pecked a kiss on your forehead and you sighed in content, although still struggling.

"I need you to blow on my face, okay?" She asked and you nodded in response, and did what she said.

You blew at her face and so did she. It took a couple of tries but you got there.

"What happened?" She asked after a while. You opened your eyes to look at her.

"I'm sorry," you said, sounding small and embarrassed, "I was overthinking, again."

"Don't be sorry, baby, it's okay, it's understandable, we all experience that we just deal it in different ways, it's okay." She pecked a kiss on top of your head before pulling you in a hug and you relaxed.

"What would I do without you?" You whispered in her ears, and she only smiled, gently rubbing your back to ease the sensation.

"You don't have to face it alone because I'm here, I'll always be here, muya iyubov."