III

"Breakfast." I stir in my spot on the floor against the wall when I hear the voice. I look up to see the same guard that took me from my room yesterday standing in front of me with a plate of food clutched in his hands.

     He harshly sets the plate down in front of me, causing some of the food to fall off the plate and onto the floor. My nose crinkles in disgust, "What is it?" I remove my eyes from the unidentifiable sludge in front of me and look up at the guard. He remains silent, "No knife?" I ask. He rolls his eyes and goes to leave the room. I laugh and yell after him, "Okay, how about a fork, at least!" The door slams shut. I sigh in defeat and stare hesitantly at the plate of food that sat in front of me. From what I gather, it's supposed to be scrambled eggs.

Lazily, I throw the now empty paper plate into my trash bin and collapse onto the not so comfy bed; It beats laying on the floor. I lay on my back and rest my hands behind my head, gazing over at the looming wall. No new note had appeared. It was the only source of entertainment I had, and it's not like I could engage it myself. I have no pen and no paper.

     I sigh out of boredom and sit up, swinging my legs off the side of the bed as I do so. I walk over to the hole and plop down in front of it, lazily crossing my legs. I continue to stare at the hole. Maybe I could get his attention by knocking on the wall. I scooch myself closer to the wall and raise my closed fist. Right as I was about to knock I heard the familiar buzzard.

     Snapping my head in the direction of the door, I quickly pick myself up from the floor and throw myself onto my bed right before the door was pushed open. I now laid flat on my stomach and my face buried into the stained sheets, "How are you feeling today Ms. Fritz?"

     I raise my head to see the person in front of me. My eyes roll when I see who it is, "What are you doing here Powell?" I spat at him, not even bothering to refer to him as doctor, "Is it time for my next new and improved treatment?" I speak sarcastically and remove my gaze from the man in front of me. I roll from my stomach to my back and stare at the ceiling intensely, "You really should be more kind to me Harmony." he pauses to walk closer to me. I watch him from the corner of my eye. He bends over, his lips barely grazing my ear, "I'm the one in control, and I can do whatever I want with you."

A shiver runs down my spin when the images run through my mind. I didn't want to find out 'whatever he wants' meant. I swallow my nerves, "Piss off." He sighs in response and plops onto the bed with me. I sit up quickly and sit in the furthest spot on the bed away from him, "I'm trying to help you Harmony. I want you to enjoy my company." I cringe at his words, "Right because electrocution is going to win over my good graces." I cross my arms and raise a brow.

"I'll do anything to make you feel comfortable here. I want this to be an easy going experience Harmony." I pause at his words, "Anything?" I ask, letting my arms fall to my side. He smiles and lightly nods his head yes, "Can I get some paper and a pen?"

He tilts his head, slightly confused, "For what?" he simply asks. I scoff, "To draw, to write how I'm feeling. I don't know? Normal things." He slowly stands up from my bed and walks over to the door, "Okay." He simply says right before walking out of my room, leaving me once again, completely alone. I relax once he is absent.

I have started to become stir crazy in this room. Having absolutely nothing to do or even to look at other then these dirty concrete walls has become inherently annoying. I have considered that maybe this was part of my "treatment plan" and that everyone else in Arkham gets to have some time in a day room with strict security. The thought alone made me absolutely fume with anger.

I rapidly pace back and forth in my room while humming an unrecognizable tune. I stop in my tracks when I hear the buzzer. I have gathered at this point that the buzzer means someone is coming into my room. I stare at the door blankly, waiting for whoever it was to come in. The door barely opens right before a notepad and a pen were lightly tossed through the crack and into my room. When the items were out of the person's hands and on the floor the door was immediately closed back.