Foreword

Just a few things of note: I do not own Overwatch, Blizzard Entertainment, or any other company, game, or form of media associated with the previously mentioned parties. I do not own the universe that this novella takes place in, nor any characters or organizations in this story that make appearances in the game Overwatch, or any related forms of media that Blizzard Entertainment has released. I do however own this story's plot and storyline, so don't you dare steal it. You have been warned. Another thing you will notice in this story is this: Blizzard Entertainment changed the name of the hero Jesse McCree to Cole Cassidy following some internal contention. Rather than try to make it so Elizabeth Ashe always knew McCree as "Cassidy", I decided to make it so that Jesse McCree changed his name to "Cole Cassidy" or, more accurately, his name was always "Cole Cassidy" but he took on the name of "Jesse McCree" following the Omnic Crisis. As stated in the newly released comic for Cassidy, titled New Blood, it says that he would be no longer hiding. As such, I took it upon myself to say that he is no longer hiding his identity, and therefore going back to his original name, "Cole Cassidy". Blizzard Entertainment has not endorsed or promoted any such decision by me, this is simply my own choice for my story. Call it artistic licensing. With that being said, please enjoy.