What if she says no?

"What if she says no?" Luke asked, as Julie continued to fix his bow tie.

"Luke, I've seen the way Reggie looks at you. Trust me. She's gonna say yes." Julie reassured.

Luke looked down at his friend, not sure if he trusted her. "What if she doesn't think we're ready."

Julie turned Luke around so he could look at himself in the mirror

 "Here's all the reasons as to why I know she'll say yes:

. "Here's all the reasons as to why I know she'll say yes:

1. You're both 28.
2. You've been together since the night we performed at the Orpheum when we were all seventeen and ate those god awful hot dogs.
3. Y'all write each other so many god damn love songs it's insane.
4. You've lived together for like five years now
5. You're both wildly successful musicians and have more then enough money.
6. You've got like six cats and my mom only knows how many golden retrievers.
7. You're both the biggest dorks I've ever met.
8. You were her first and only significant other to not name her feel dumb, ugly and/or worthless and instead you worship the ground she walks on plus everything she touches.
9. So. Many. Love songs. You guys are almost as bad as Willie and Alex.
10. Besides willex, ruke is my otp. Now do you believe me?"

Luke sighed, looking at the time on his phone. It's almost showtime. "Kinda, but this isn't the same as moving in together this is basically me asking her to grow old with me and possibly even have kids together. Well, I'm not so sure about kids. I mean I really want them but Reggie's absolutely terrified at the thought of turning out like her mom so if she just wants to keep adopting animals then that's what we're gonna do." He smiled at that last part, perfectly happy at the thought of not having kids with her if Reggie wasn't comfortable, despite how badly he wanted them.

Luke looked outside the bathroom door and towards the ridiculously fancy and expensive restaurant, becoming giddy and anxious when he saw Reggie walk in quietly.

Let's just say that 'showtime' went well for multiple reasons