37

idk I was really happy to tell you guys about something but now I just am not in a good mood. there's just so much drama and stuff in my family which is why I haven't updated for a while. lets just say that gilinsky's dad in this book is like a 10x nicer and understanding version of my "dad"

but the good news is I'll be meeting Jack and jack on may 1st. and I'm really excited.

|| JG ||

I wake up the next morning to an aching pain in my leg.

I sigh and I try to reach over and grab my pain meds. But I can't.

I scoot over a little more and try, and my fingers brush over the bottle, but I push it away instead of grabbing it.

I fall back into my bed and groan. Guess that's not going to be an option.

I grab my phone from my bag and see two texts; one from Molly and one from Jack.

I click on Jack's.

Johnson☺❤: thank you for that, it literally made my whole night better. i love you too. you're honestly an amazing person and I'm sorry for everything. sweet dreams jack.

I don't reply, I just look at Molly's text.

As soon as I see that it is something about my dad, I turn off my phone because I don't want to see or hear anything about him right now.

Pain shoots up my leg once more, and I scream in pain. It feels like someone is stabbing me.

If only I could reach the pain meds.

I know who moved them. Jack did, because he was scared. He told me that I need to ask him for it and he has to watch. Well, that was a total bust.

I bite my lip, hoping to ease the pain in my leg. Dumb theory, but it's the best I have.

And then I realize I have the help button. I press it and relax into the hospital bed.

A minute later, the door opens and a girl comes in.

I know her.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" I ask, nervously. She's pretty much the reason everything that happened, happened.

Alyssa beams. "Jack, I almost didn't recognize you! I'm just doing an internship. So, what do you need help with?"

"Just my pills," I say, my hand shaking as I point over to the counter.

She nods. "Anything else?"

"Uh, that's it, thanks," I say.

"Are you sure?" She asks, stretching out the word "sure" as she sits on the bed.

I scoot away. "Yeah, I'm sure, thank you."

"Can I ask you something?" She asks, placing a hand on my thigh.

I tense up. "Uh, sure, anything."

"What happened to you, like why are you here?" She asks, not moving her hand.

"I... fell," I say. "Can I ask you something as well?"

She nods, pursing her lips slightly. "Sure. What is it?"

"Why are you doing a medical internship, it's not really you," I say.

"Well," She says. "My mom is a nurse here. Plus the uniforms are really cute, and-"

I laugh. "Uh, that's great."

"I also wanted to say I'm sorry about the whole Jack thing, I hope you guys make up," She says.