0.7

hello my little monsters. how are you

hold me

• luke •

"so i heard you're roommates with mister psycho now, huh?" calum said taking a sip of water before wrapping his lips around his cigarette.

i rolled my eyes. "yeah,  you just now found that out? that happened like a week ago."

calum nodded.

"oh. well i wouldn't say it's one-hundred percent awful but it's not one-hundred percent great either. it's about fifty fifty." i shrugged. calum furrowed his eyebrows. "how so?"

"well for starters, he and i fight a lot. we're really mean to each other. he's very distant and stubborn. i'm a lot more stubborn than him but it's annoying when he does it." i took a hit of the cigarette. "he screams in his sleep a lot, he talks to himself all the time, the room is always cold and eerie feeling, 'ya know?." calum shook his head at my question. "but on the other hand, he's nice sometimes..." i smiled to myself. "we have nice conversations every once and a while and those are the moments i really enjoy."

calum chuckled while letting out a puff of smoke and putting out his cancer stick. i chuckled too. "what?"

"nothing it's just funny."

i crosses my arms over my chest. "what's funny?"

"you act like you got the hots for him." calum giggled.

i let out a snort. "are you kidding? me? have the hits for him? " i bursted out into a fit of laughter. "no. never." i faked another laugh.

"whatever you say, lover boy." calum got up to leave and patted my shoulder as a, "see you later." i sighed as i sat alone in the gathering room. after a while i, as well, got up to leave also. i made my way down the hall only to bump into eve skipping.

"oh excuse me, sir. sorr- luke!" she cheered. i kneeled down to her level. "hey, love. haven't seen you for a few days, what's up?"

"i was actually looking for you," she said. "but then i found you." she giggled. i giggled too. "did you want to talk about something?"

she took her eyes off mine and they looked to the floor. "yes."

i put my hands to her shoulders. "eve... did something happen again?"

she didn't answer. "hey, look at me." she slowly looked at me with her little beautiful blue eyes glassy with tears. she nodded. i stood up, grabbing her hand and looking around. "come on, we can go somewhere to talk."

we scurried down the dark long halls of the asylum together looking for a place to talk. finally i came across the bakery, it was empty since it happened to be after hours. i pushed the doors open as quiet as possible and slipped inside with eve right behind me. "we can talk in here." i said grabbing a couple pastries off the fresh shelf of breads. i handed one to eve as i guided her to the other side of the room. we sat down on the floor, leaning our backs against one of the working tables.

we munched on our food as we sat in silence eve said something that surprised me. "they found out."

i turned to her. "what?"

"the sisters... they found out..." she said and took a small bite out of her pastry.

"eve, what? they found out what?" i urged.