Chapter 20 - Tall, Blonde and Beautiful

"Honey, I'll be back in 4 days. I promise to call when I get there, okay? Besides, Gigi and Martha are going too, they will look after me. Don't worry." Taylor hugged me like a koala bear in the foyer.

"Can you cancel it? Stay here with me." Taylor has been paranoid since Cara and Jourdan's visit about Toni. Not that I don't worry but I'm not going to think about it.

"Tay, you know that's not professional. I'm really going to be late for my flight." I pecked her pouted lips.

"Before I forget." I took off my engagement ring and hand it to her.

"No Kar, I want you to wear it." I put it back on my finger right away, don't want to upset her more. "Alright, I gotta go." Giving her one last kiss before walking out the door to the waiting car heading to the airport for a commercial shoot in Paris.

-------------------

"What's the holdup Karlie, you're usually early?" Gigi asked. I was next to the last person to get on the plane.

"The koala bear at home won't let me leave." I put my bag under the seat and fasten my seat belt.

The flight attendant came over to ask me if I want anything to drink before take off. "Just water please."

"You must have done something bad." Martha laughed while sipping mimosa in the first class cabin.

"That or it's mating season for the koala." Gigi said and I almost spilled my water.

The 3 of us are going to film commercials for a French makeup company. It's always fun to work with Gigi and Martha, they make the long work hours go so much faster. We all slept well on the 8 hours flight, being able to fall asleep in anywhere and any condition is part of a model's lifestyle. It was morning in Paris, after a quick breakfast we were ready to work. The director lets us go by nightfall. We went to the hotel to freshen up before going out for dinner. I was reading The Wall Street Journal while waiting for Gigi and Martha at the hotel lobby when I felt someone stared at me. I put the paper down and saw Toni sat right across from me, smiling. She looked as beautiful as I can remember, dressed in a black pants suit and an off-white blouse with her shoulder length blonde hair hanging loose.

"Hello darling, long time no see." I was about to respond when Gigi and Martha came down from the elevator. They both stared at Toni who looked more like a supermodel than them. It would be rude if I don't introduce her to them.

"Ladies, do you mind if I take Karlie away from you for the night. We haven't seen each other for a long time, we have so much to catch up." Toni politely asked the girls.

They looked at me and said, "Of course we don't mind. See you tomorrow Karlie. Nice meeting you Toni, have a nice dinner ladies." They left the hotel after. What I didn't know was they text Taylor -

Gigi - [Tay, there is a beautiful woman with Karlie.]

Taylor - [Her name is Toni?]

Martha - [Yeah, how did you know?]

Taylor - [How does she look like?]

Gigi - [Tall, blonde, blue eyes, more supermodel looking than us.]

Taylor - [Shit! Where are you guys staying again? I'm coming!]

Gigi and Martha looked at each other, "Karlie is in trouble."

--------------------------------------

I ate my salad quietly at a nearby bistro without looking at Toni.

"Aren't you going to ask me how I got here?" Toni drinking her white wine.

"Congratulations on your Angel status," I said, wiped the corners of my mouth with the napkin. I noticed she stare at my engagement ring as I moved my hand.

"Should I congratulate you on your engagement?" Her eyes were still on my ring.

"Of course you should. I'm a lucky girl." I finally smiled

"Taylor Swift should be lucky to have you. You gave up your life for her." She said it with an agonizing tone.

"It's because she has done so many good deeds to other people. She gave me a life I would never imagine and I love her." I was being truthful.

"Karlie, we should have been together, we love each other and...."

I stopped her from saying more. "Toni, we broke up before I take on Taylor's job. And do you remember why we broke up?"

She didn't say anything but finished her glass of wine.

"I gotta go, I have work to do early in the morning." I waved at the waiter for the check.

"Toni, it's nice seeing you and I wish you well, honestly." I paid the bill, got up and pecked her cheek before leaving.

--------------------------------------

I got back to the hotel and wanted to Skype Taylor but she wasn't online and her Facetime was unavailable so I went to bed without thinking much.

In the morning I met with Gigi and Martha for breakfast before work. They were taking their sweet time to eat.

"Hey, we are going to be late if we don't hurry," I said, finishing my coffee.

Gigi looked at her watch, "Oh, we have time."

All of the sudden Martha said, "There she is." I looked at her direction and saw Taylor, carrying a tote bag without her security team. What is she doing in here? And then I got it, of course these two told her about Toni.

I got up from my chair to hug her tightly, laced our hands together and let her sat next to me.

"I'm fine, you don't have to come all the way here sweetie." I cupped her face in my hand. Her eyes were red from lack of sleep and worrying.

"I need to see you be sure." She grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Alright, we're going to leave first. Karlie, you can come later, we'll tell them to shoot us first." Gigi and Martha left.

"Come, you need rest." I took her to my room and got her to bed. "Get some sleep and I will call you in a few hours. Maybe you can go shopping or something in the afternoon and we'll meet for dinner, okay?" I kissed her and said, "I love you."

When I call her a few hours later, Taylor said she'll go to the Louvre after lunch and meet us at dinner time.

Taylor dressed down when she went out to the museum since her security team was not with her. She left in such a hurry she didn't have time to wait for them. She avoided the famous Mona Lisa and went to see other art pieces. From the corner of her eyes, she knows someone is following her, not a big deal since she's used to being followed but she has no security with her today. Being cautious she turned to look at who's following her - a tall beautiful blonde woman. Her heart sank, she thinks she knows who this is.