It Hurts To See You Hurt (J x L)

(Lupin x Jigen)

Jigen lights a smoke and sits back in his chair, watching the room illuminate from the light of his cigarette as well as the moonlight shining from the hotel windows.

With Goemon asleep and Lupin out with women, Jigen finds himself somewhat sleepless; waiting around for his boss to return in hopes to entertain his brain enough until it's satisfyingly tired.

He jolts at the sound of stumbling: someone outside the room bumping into the wall housing Jigen inside.

Lupin?

A soft click can be heard from the hotel door—a key— and it swings open with a stumbling Lupin, though it was not from drinking. Not completely.

"Lupin!?" Jigen jumps from his seat.
"What happened to you?"

Lupin looks over hazily, his face swollen and beaten and his clothes hassled with and torn. His right eye was already turning blue and purple around and his stumbling seems to be come from a limp. 

Yet, despite his look, he seems in high spirits, shoving his hands in his pockets with a shiny grin.

"Don't worry, relax! I just got into a small scramble."

Oppose to his smile, he quickly limps over the neighboring couch of Jigens chair.
"Ow ow ow!" He mutters to himself as he sits himself down and sighs in comforting relief of the couches softness.

Jigen takes his cigarette out of his mouth to blow out some smoke, but is hesitant to put it back in: unsure whether to put it out or not. Furthermore, he is also unsure of Lupins current stability.

"Are you sure you're alright? What happened?"

Lupin sighs, as if it's unfortunate he is ready to explain himself.

"Well—Ya see, I was flirting with this nice lady—a real beauty!—"

Jigen imagines Lupin at a bar flirting to yet another woman, whom he's winning over.

"—but it seemed others had eyed her first, some motorcycle gang."

Lupin would take the women by her hand and wrapping it around his arm with men in the room staring vividly. They leave the bar but seemed to be followed by some mean-looking gentleman in black leather jackets.

"At first, I didn't mind—"

One man seeming much buffer and stronger than the rest taps Lupins shoulder as in to back off prominently his women. 

Lupin shrugs and removes the women's arm away from is, as in to say "suit yourself, no problems here".

"—But then, they seemed like bad news for her."

The large man looming over her grins deviously, grabbing her tightly by her wrist and yanking her close. She cries out in pain and surprise.