Truce (L x Z)

(Lupin x Zenigata)

At the dead of night,
the inspector waltzes down the dimly lit sidewalk quietly, lighting the bent cigarette in his mouth and shoving his hands along with his lighter in his pocket. Despite quietly walking around, his mind is restless as usual. Another normal night for Zenigata.

That damn last heist they had.. what's next?

It's been 5 days without a heist.. so by now, they're up to something!

But what?

There's some new additions to that one museum..nooo it's not expensive enough.

Or perhaps he's going after—no no...

Stupid Lupin, what would that man be doing?

Suddenly, a loud bang of what sounds like trash cans with a following sound of someone stumbling comes from behind him, interrupting the inspectors' thoughts.

"Hmm?"
He slowly turns around eyeing the alleyway he just walked passed. The inspector carefully retraces his stomp-like steps to inspect the unforeseen commotion.
He peers into the pitch black alley way, only being able to see the dim light on the other side.

"Hello?"

He hears some rustling of trash in response. Zenigata steps a foot into the alleyway.

"What's going on back there? Hello?"

Zenigata reaches into his trench coat and pulls out a small flashlight. He flickers it on, the light blasting through the alley way. It spotlights itself onto empty grey trashcans and their smelly black trash bag companions on the ground.
On top of the black bags is a lopsided skinny man with a bright blue blazer.

"L—Lupin!?"

"Huh—hic! Puh...P-P-P-Pops!"
Lupin looks up in drunken flustered surprise. He quickly scurries about, trying to get off the bags of stinking s trash.

"Oh dear oh dear—"

Lupin fumbles about from the trash bags be seemed to have fallen into only to back away too quickly, accidentally jumping away and landing on his behind where the sun, and flashlight, doesn't shine.

"Owwww ow pain painnnn!"
He whines to himself, rubbing his side.

Zenigata flashes his flashlight at the man again in disbelief. Lupin flinches, moving his hand in the way of the light shining before him.

The two stare at each other, as best as they could anyway. Zenigata blinks and then grins.

"LUUUPAAAAAAAAAN!"

"Nooo no no!"
Lupin springs back to his feet and dashes the opposite way of Zenigata, whom just pulled out his famous pair of handcuffs from his trench coat. And so the chase begins.

"This is just my luck—hic!"

Lupin sprints with a bounce in his feet, springing bit by bit with every swing of his foot. His face his plastered pink from his excessive drinking, causing his vision to fade in and out of singles and doubles.

What the..

Zenigata, tailing close behind, notices Lupins zig-zag stagger-like running.

"C-Come on Pops!"
Lupin calls out, his voice echoing in their and neighboring alleys. They're near the end of their alleyway, with a street and sidewalk awaiting them.

"Give me a break!
I'm wasted tonight and I don't wanna— wAA!"

Lupin leaps over a stray cat that stands with its fur on every end, hissing defensively. Lupin glances back at the cat jumping onto Zenigata, smiling as the inspector yells in distraught of the cute felines claws.