Walking down the mountain, you wondered what your okasan was doing.

Was she cooking?
Eating?
Shopping?
Sleeping?

Smiling at the thought of seeing her again you sped up slightly.

Speed walking through town, you skidded to a stop when you almost ran into someone.

Luckily you didn't, but when you stepped passed them you noticed a shop.

Peeking inside, you saw that it was a clothing shop, stepping in fully, you thought that your okasan could probably wait a little longer.

Looking around, you realized you really needed to get clothes sometime soon.

You saw clothes of all varying looks, and a few items caught your eye.

Walking a bit further in, you noticed accessories of all sorts, from cheap flowers accessories to expensive multi diamond hair clips.

Feeling poor while walking around, you made a mental note to come back with money, but before you go, you thought you'd buy a flower necklace for okasan.

Heading towards the person behind a table, you paid for the necklace, walking out with the necklace in your hand you examined it closer.

It was a pink carnation with a gold chain, it was certainly beautiful, which was surprising since it was one of the cheapest necklaces there.

You just assumed that it would break easily in exchange for the beauty of it.

Stuffing it into your pocket, you looked ahead and noticed that you were almost at the edge of the village, where your house resides.

Walking excitedly, you sped up to a slight jog and once your house came into view, you broke out into a full sprint.

Slamming the entrance open, you startled your okasan, who sat in front of the fireplace with tea in her hands.

She just looked over at you with wide eyes before she did a closed eyed smile, and you couldn't help but smile back in return.

"Sorry, Okasan, I was excited to see you."

"It's alright, dear, but be careful with that door. It's about as old as me!" She laughed out, widening her grin.

"Really, Okasan, I don't think you look that old!" You laughed with her.

"Oh, thank you deary, you really know how to make a old woman feel young again! but why were you so excited to come back?"

"Oh! Right! Look at what I got you!" Grabbing the necklace out of your pocket, you ran over to her and showed her.

"Deary, this looks expensive! Don't tell me you spent a lot on this!" She exclaimed worriedly

"Nono, I saw it at a shop, it it was really cheap! I thought you would like it, so I bought it for you!" you said cheerily

Her gaze softened and you swear she was about to cry.

"Thank you, dear, it means tons to me."

"Of course ookasan, I plan to go back tomorrow to get myself clothes."

"Oh my! right! you need clothes, let's both go tomorrow, okay deary?"

Nodding at her you went behind her and put the necklace onto her.

"It looks perfect on you!" You said while clapping.

"Thank you, once again, deary. "

"Of course. "