❶❸

Awaking to Tanjiro shaking you, opening your eyes, you pushed him away and stretched.

'It's time, I'll miss them'

You fixed your hair and outfit and then stood up and went over to Tanjiro near the door.

"You two stay safe" Saburo said

You nodded and slipped on your sandals, and followed him out the door.

"Tanjiro, can you hold my hand?"

"Huh?" He whipped his head back at you.

"Please? I'm feeling off"

"Uh, yeah, we can."

You got closer to him and grabbed his hand.

After a few more seconds while you were walking, he interlaced your fingers.

You blushed slightly before paying attention to what was ahead of you again.

You felt bad for him, you didn't want him to go through that pain of witnessing his family dead.

You saw the top of the roof of the house and you gripped his hand tightly.

"Y/n? what's wrong?"

*sniff sniff*

He released your hand and ran to the house.

You ran after him, once you caught up you saw him staring taking shallow breaths.

You just stared in shock, it was so, so, so much worse in person.

He raced over to his bloodied sibling

"Nezuko! what happened? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

You just watched him with pity.

"Mom? ... Mom, Hanako, Takeo, Shigeru, Nezuko, Rokuta. . "

He picked up Nezuko and looked at you and started walking.

You ran up to him

"Nezuko's body still has slight warmth, but she's the only one, if we can get her to a doctor, she might survive."

You let him have his inner dialogue without interruption as you tried to help him.

'They weren't kidding when they said the wind was icy, it's painful. '

Nezuko got up and started moving around she pushed both them off.

'Ugh, Do I really need to jump? I guess so if I want the full experience, ha..ha..Whatever.'

You followed after the siblings and jumped off.

The soft snow cushioned your fall but it still hurt.

Frowning, you looked for Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Nezuko was already attacking Tanjiro and she was huge, so you looked around for the water pillar.

"Stay still, Nezuko! You gotta!"

You spotted him running towards the pair and you both made eye contact, his eyes widened as you sat there.

"Don't let it control you!"

He continued looking towards his original target and continued to run.

"Nezuko! "

She started crying, then Giyuu swung at Nezuko.

You ran at them and pushed the pair just in time, resulting in Tanjiro's hair getting cut.

The two hit a tree and you were about to run after them before Giyuu put his hand out and stopped you.

"Don't, she's a demon." he simply stated.