Chapter 1: Gone

Hope's POV:

Even in death, I could feel every part of me slowly crumble to dust. As I stood at the barrier between worlds, I could feels bits and pieces of me slowly fade away with the wind. When I come back to life I'm laying in the forest in front of the barrier to Wakanda.

Vision's dead body is behind me. No. No, no, no, no. We did not lose! I sit up, looking around. I need to feed. I need to complete my transition and then figure out where everyone went. I mean, they couldn't have all be dead, right? I stand and place a hand to my ear.

"Hey guys? Where is everyone?" I ask. Immediately someone replies. It's Steve. "Hope?" He sounds so unbelievably shocked. "Yeah, where is everyone?" "We're at the compound in upstate New York. The battle was hours ago. How are you alive?"

"I'll explain everything when I get there." "Do we need to send a quinjet?" He asks me. "No, I can get there on my own." With that I let the line go dead. I close my eyes and concentrate. I feel my feet leave the floor, but almost immediately I stumble as they reconnect.

When I open my eyes I'm standing in the middle of the meeting room at the compound. Surrounding me is Steve, Nat, Rhodey, Bruce, and the raccoon. Nat rushes up to me and goes to pull me into a hug. "I thought you were dead." I take a step back before she reaches me.

"I can give you a hug in a second. Right now I'm on a time crunch. I need the vile of blood I always keep around here. Tony should have told you." Immediately she understands. She rushes out of the room. "What do you need a vile of blood for?" Steve asks.

"I died. When Thanos snapped my neck, I died. This triggered my vampire side. If I don't drink blood within a certain time frame, then I'll die again. This time for good." Everyone around me gives me a shocked look. I just shrug their looks off.

"I don't want to drink from any of you so I always had Tony keep a vile of my human blood here so that when I transitioned I could feed without hurting anyone." I explain as Nat enters the room once again. "Here." I take the vile that's in her hand and immediately down it in one drink.

I feel the veins appear under my eyes, signifying my full tribrid status

I feel the veins appear under my eyes, signifying my full tribrid status. I turn to Nat. "Now we can hug." She comes over and wraps me in a tight embrace. "Don't ever scare me like that again kid, do you understand?" I nod. "I'm the most unkillable being on the planet now. I think I'm good." 

She chuckles at this before turning serious as she pulls away. "What happened?" I ask, turning to those in the room. Everyone has a somber look on their face. Nat turns to me cautiously. "We lost. Thanos snapped." My blood runs cold as my chest tightens. "Who did we lose?" 

They all share a look. "Guys, who did we lose?" "Bucky, Sam, Wanda, T'Challa, the tree, and billions more across the universe. No word from Tony yet though." Nat tells me softly. Peter. My heart freezes. Oh God, Peter could be gone. MJ, Ned, Aunt May...my family. 

Overwhelmed with the information I stumble back slightly. "Hope?" Nat asks cautiously. "My family." I mutter. "What?" Steve asks. I don't reply. In that instant I'm closing my eyes and teleporting to New Orleans. To the Compound. "Aunt Freya! Keelin! Is anyone here!" I yell.

No reply. I remember Freya telling me that Marcel, Kol, Davina, and Rebekah were all coming to visit. Since spring break was supposed to be next week, I was meant to bring Peter down to introduce him to everyone. It was basically a family reunion. 

I remember hearing people enter the compound when Freya was on the phone with me. This can't be right. I won't accept it. I can't be alone. I speed around the entirety of the compound. Rebekah and Kol's rooms were filled with luggage an when I enter the courtyard I spot them. 

Six still full coffee/tea cups all partially drank. No. I speed into my spell's room, aka the library. I grab a map and a knife. I set everything up and kneel in front of the map. Slicing my hand open I let my blood drip onto the map. The wound quickly heals as I light the candles. I close my eyes. 

"Ce che vous, pro la busque. Ce che vous, pro la busque. Ce che vous, pro la busque." I chant. I open my eyes to see that the blood hasn't moved. No. No. No. No. I close my eyes and try again. "Ce che vous, pro la busque. Ce che vous, pro la busque. Ce che vous, pro la busque." I try again. 

I open my eyes. Nothing. My undead heart pounds in my chest as it tightens. I need to get out of here. I'll destroy my home if I release this pressure that's building in my chest right now. I vamp speed out to the middle of the bayou. 

Once I'm sure I'm alone I let out an earth shattering scream, sinking to my knees. A wave of blue energy emits from my body as I just continue to scream and scream and scream. I scream until my throat is raw. Now I'm just sobbing on the bayou floor. I lost everyone. 

The only family I have left is gone. It's just me now. I'm only 16 and I'm alone. Everyone is gone. I glare at the tree in front of and it soon explodes from the amount of energy and loathing I am pouring into it. I don't even flinch as the shards of destroyed tree scatter around me. 

I'm going to find Thanos. And when I do, I'm not holding back. No one fucks with my family.