Chapter 4: I'm His Consequence

Hope's POV:

While everyone gets Tony and the new alien chick, Nebula, settled and taken care of, I head back to my room. I grab my grandmother's grimoire, and the ingredients I need for my spell before exiting the room quietly. 

I quickly find an empty room and go inside, not bothering with the door. This first step in my plan doesn't require too much concentration. Once inside the room I set to work making my salt circle. Once that's done, I place the candles in their respective places.

Grabbing my bowl of dried herbs and flowers and my grimoire, I kneel in the middle of the salt circle. Concentrating, the candles light themselves as I begin the spell. "Invidium cala mactus." I feel the tug of magic inside of me as the spell begins to works. "Invidium cala mactus."

The air in the room starts to pick up as a bright white light swirls around me. "Invidium cala mactus." The light grows brighter as I chant. "Hope?" I heat Nat ask as she enters the room. I remain focused on the spell. "Invidium cala mactus!"

The light shoots out from me, leaving me to find Thanos. "What the hell was that?" Steve asks. I stand, closing my grimoire as I do. "Just because we can't find Thanos, doesn't mean I can't torture him mentally before I do it physically." They don't seem to like that.

"Relax, it's a vision spell. It will give him dream of him dying every night until we reach him." The two of them exchange looks, obviously concerned, so I decide to change the subject. "How's Tony? Any leads?" Steve sighs.

"He's down for the count. We've got a lock on Thanos, but maybe-" "No." I say, stopping his suggestion. "I know you think I'm not ok enough to do this, but I am. I have to. Please." They exchange another look before Steve lets out a sigh. "Ok. Suit up." Nodding, I turn on my heel.

As I walk, I pass the infirmary. I notice Pepper standing next to Tony's bed as he sleeps. I walk up to her. "Steve said he's stable." She turns, smiling slightly while nodding. "He is." "Good. He should be up by the time we get back." "You're going?" I nod.

She sighs before pulling me into a hug. "Please be careful." I hug her back. "I'm not the one who has to worry. It's Thanos that should be afraid." She pulls away, her smile now sad. "Tell Tony it isn't his fault. We both know he's going to blame himself, but he shouldn't." She nods.

"Also, tell him I don't blame him." She nods. "I will." "Thanks. I have to go suit up. I'll see you when I get back." With that, I continue towards my room. Once inside, I go to my closet where my suit is hanging. I've never resented a piece of clothing so much. 

After I kill Thanos, I'm burning it. It just holds bad memories and the scent of death on it. My death. Sighing, I slip it on and tie my hair up. I glance at myself in the mirror. Time to go get this son of a bitch. I walk out of the room, heading for the main area of the compound.

Nat, Steve, Rhodes, Thor, and Danvers are all waiting in their suits while Bruce is waiting with the Veronica suit compacted

Nat, Steve, Rhodes, Thor, and Danvers are all waiting in their suits while Bruce is waiting with the Veronica suit compacted. "We're bringing the kid?" Danvers asks. I flare my bright gold eyes and veins at her. "Easy Hope. She's coming, end of discussion." Nat tells her. She rolls her eyes.

"Fine, come on, we have to get going

"Fine, come on, we have to get going. There's no time to waste." She then leads us out of the compound. When we reach the ship, Rocket and Nebula are already outside, getting things in order. 

Inside, Bruce immediately goes to sit by Nebula in the lower part of the ship while Danvers goes and sits next to Rocket in the cockpit. Steve and Nat take the chairs behind them which leaves me to sit between Thor and Rhodes in the back of the ship. 

The take off wasn't horrible and soon we're flying above the Earth. "Ok, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asks, turning in his seat. Nat, Steve, Rhodes, and I all raise our hands. "Why?" Rhodes asks. "You better not throw up on my ship!" Is all Rocket yells back. 

"Approaching jump in 3!" Nebula yells. All of us grip the arm rests besides Thor an Danvers. "2!" She calls out. I take a deep breath, preparing myself. "1!" With that, I am launched back into my chair as the ship speeds forward into what I can only imagine is hyperspace. 

The jump is shorter than I expected, and soon we're floating peacefully again in space, hovering above an unfamiliar planet. It's nice out here. Peaceful. Quiet. Once we're steady, Danvers flies out of the ship. "I'll head down for recon." She says, flying towards the planet. This is it. 

Everything comes down to this. It comes down to whether or not we can pull this off. Thanos is down there. Whether or not he has a thousand men or it's just him, it's enough. I will kill him. I will be the one to do it. Not Steve, not Nat, not Thor. Me. Hope Mikaelson. 

He screwed with the wrong planet, and now he's going to realize just how bad the consequences of his actions are. I glance down at the planet, anger filling me. I'm his consequence, and I'll be damned if he walks away from me again.