Chapter Three | Iced

She's overdressed as all hell, a bit of an ironic phrase to use considering where they're both at.

          "Hey!" (Y/N) exclaims, waving from afar while he steps out of his brother's car. He locks the door and checks it twice, then returns her greeting when arriving by her side. "Did you get here alright? I'm not sure if my directions were clear enough." She dons a bright yellow, ankle-length dress and some black high heels, making her seem the slightest bit taller than him. The fabric clings to her body, revealing her curves, while the low cut top displays her… cleavage, something he pays attention to by accident. She covers her shoulders with a shawl of a colour similar to her dress, and a necklace with a small but shiny pendant helps distract him from that place. "My grandparents won't be around for a few weeks, so…" Her hands gesture in an animated manner towards the church. "Here it is! I'm in charge of running the food bank and opening the altar to the public, until they arrive."

          "Dressed like that?" he remarks, a chuckle following his comment. "You look more like you're ready to go party, maybe even star in your own show."

          The woman turns into an agitated mess as she tries to find a counterargument before she can move on. "It's…" She huffs and places her hands on her hips. "These are the only nonwork, less casual clothes I've got, alright? There weren't many options, other than… whatever look I pulled off with this."

          "Either way." He's aware he's playing with fire and adding a gasoline tank to the cause, yet that only makes the process more fun. "You're still overdressed. You could've gone for more casual wear."

          She glares at him. "So I'm not allowed to look nice?"

          He meets her eyes. "You're wearing that to church."

          "You're the one who's making it weird!" she retorts. "And who are you to tell me what's best for me to wear, Shadow the Edgehog?"

          "...Yeah, you're right."

          "Of course I'm-"

          She raises an eyebrow and lets the slightest frown communicate her confusion.

          "Wait. What?"

          "Your low cut's distracting to me, but that's my fault for being a judgy perv. And I'm taking your generosity for granted by pushing your buttons." His gaze wanders to the church. "Why don't you find some more clothes at that thrift shop you mentioned before? It should still be okay, even if you say you've gotta more stable salary now."

          (Y/N) crosses her arms and looks elsewhere. "I would, but..." A hint of bashfulness overcomes her expression, as if she's about to tell him a secret. "There, um, haven't been many of my size recently."

          He takes a second to eye her over. 

          Her body doesn't seem too uncommon or outlandish at a first, quick glance; her arms are toned, her legs hold a similar physique, and her posture is reserved yet firm. Still, he does notice she carries a type related to Alphys's in shape. Broad shoulders and a somewhat thicker waist are made clearer by her dress. The observation brings to mind how Undyne recently showered her girlfriend with gifts after receiving her most recent job bonus, and how Alphys now had just a little too much clothing in her closet and drawers. Better put, there wasn't a corner in her bedroom that wasn't littered with boxes upon boxes of clothing, old and new. "Hey. You know what?" Surely, he could get her to send him a few of her older things. "I think a friend of mine could give you some. She's about the same size as you."