Chapter 12

AN : This chapter is boring as hell .. xD

"Dinah, are you sure you're okay watching Ari tonight? Demi won't be home until morning."

I jangled my keys, twisting them between my fingers. Falling back on a human tick was evidence of just how nervous I was, but I couldn't stop myself. Tonight my relationship with Camila was about to undergo a life-altering change, and there was no taking it back. My nerves were already frayed and I hadn't even left for her place.

Dinah materialized holding Ari in the crook of her arm, her shit-eating grin larger than usual.

"Yup, just peachy.  Ari and I have big plans with this hot chick named Ariel. Don't we, Ari?"

"Awiel!"

I opened my mouth to insist that Ari was not a prop to flirt with girls, but Dinah beat me to the punch.

"Chill. Ariel's the chick in The Little Mermaid. The DVD's loaded up with Disney movies, okay? No worries. Go have fun with Camila."

I offered a wavering smile. "Yeah, okay. Sorry."

Dinah clapped me on the back and shot me a wink. "Do me proud, okay?"

"Dinah…"

She scoffed at my warning. "Come on, Laur. Let's not play games. You think I don't know what's going down at Camila's tonight? Give me some credit, okay? You've been a wreck all day. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. I know you're nervous, but you'll be fine. The two of you – you're made for one another. I know it's scary, but if anyone can make it work, it's you guys."

"Thanks." I returned her smile, unaware of how much I'd wanted reassurance I was making the right choice.

Dinah grinned at me. "That’s whats best friends for, right?"

"I'm glad to have finally found a use for you." I teased, thankful she wasn't letting me wallow in anxiety.

Dinah gave me a shove toward the door. "Stop delaying. It's not me you want to be talking to right now. Say hi to Mila for me."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll see her tomorrow, you know."

"If she's still alive." At my horrified look, she chuckled. "Just kidding. Now leave before Ari and I have to kick you out."

I kissed Ari on the forehead. "Bye baby."

"Teddy bye!" Ari giggled, pushing my face away.

"I get it, you're siding with Kitty. I'm leaving."

Camila was waiting for me when I pulled up to her house, looking as anxious as I felt.

She greeted me with a genuine smile, accepting my warm embrace. Though it had only been a day since I'd seen her last, I'd missed her like crazy. I hated the few days a week our class schedules and the kids made it difficult to see one another. Texts and phone calls were no comparison to having her in my arms.