021. miyagi-do

╔ ——————————————— ╗CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE"miyagi-do"╚ ——————————————— ╝(glory of love)

╔ ——————————————— ╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
"miyagi-do"
╚ ——————————————— ╝
(glory of love)

IT WAS LATE THAT night the next time Miguel and Jules spoke.

 She was laying on her bed, hands folded together over her stomach as she stared up at the white paint of her ceiling. She was so numb to the events of that day that she didn't even feel remorse; she was just confused... what was she supposed to do now? Karate had become such a huge part of her life, and she still wanted to compete in the next All Valley... actually, she wanted to win the next All-Valley; and she wanted to do that more than anything.

 She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice Miguel until he fell through her window. 

 He wasn't very graceful about it, whisper-shouting her name to catch her attention, before falling directly onto his back onto the carpeted floor. Jules jumped, before relaxing when she realized it was just her dorky boyfriend, laying back down to resume her staring contest with the ceiling. "We have a door." 

 "It's the middle of the night," he responded, ruffling his hair, "I didn't want to bother your mom."

 "Cute," she drawled, not even blinking as Miguel laid down next to her. They sat like that for several minutes, nothing but silence circulating through the room, before he finally spoke. 

 "Did you mean it? That you're quitting Cobra Kai." 

 Jules felt her chest clench, her heart beginning to beat faster as she swallowed deeply. Slowly, she nodded, feeling Miguel's gaze on her as her words came out soft and tense. "Yeah, I have to. I can't handle it anymore, Miguel, it's just not worth it."

 "But don't you love karate?" Miguel asked, the two turning so that they were facing each other. "I understand you wanting to get away from Kreese - I actually yelled at him for ten minutes about that." He blushed, "I think half of it was in Spanish, it's all kind of a blur. Johnny said he was getting rid of him - and did he actually hit you?" His eyebrows pinched, "why didn't you tell me?" 

 "I'm not used to sharing things about me," Jules admitted, a frown making her eyebrows crease. "I didn't think it mattered, I was going to get my revenge on him anyway. I - I guess I didn't think it mattered."

"But it does matter, Ana." The boy persisted. "Because I care about you, and even if he won't admit it, so does Sensei. So if Kreese was making you miserable, you should have just said something and we would have helped you." 

 Jules felt it then - a hot sensation in her eyes that meant she was about to cry. She refused to, her lip trembling as she shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. "I can't. I can't, because nobody has ever cared about me that way before." 

 "That's not true," he shook his head. "Your mom cares about you, Demetri does, Sam does, you're special, Ana, I don't get why you can't see that." 

 Jules did start crying then, putting a hand to her mouth. Miguel didn't waste a second, leaning forward to pull her into his arms. She buried her face in his chest, feeling the weight of everything that had happened in the past few months shatter over her head. She had never heard someone say that they cared for her that much, and the words made the tight grip that was always prominent around her loosened.