Chapter 249:

I'm with Amy and Maggie, with Mark in my arms, at Dylan's place as Maggie packs up all her things from Dylan's, and Amy is going on about how she should tell Link about her pregnancy.

Amy: is it appropriate for me to tell Link in a text? So I can avoid having to look him in the eye while I say, "hey, remember how careful we were? Not careful enough daddy!".

I grab a medical textbook that was sticking out of the box.

Amy: you kept medical textbooks here?
Maggie: I like to study.
Delilah: it was a sex thing, wasn't it?

I chuckle at the look on Maggie's face.

Maggie: look, you're a decent person, and Link is a decent person.
Delilah: Maggie's right Ames. He deserves a face-to-face.
Maggie: is it poor form for me to steal all the toilet paper since I'm the one who always bought it?
Amy: mm. I already stole two protein bars.
Delilah: same. Well, three.

I steal one of the protein bars Amy had and start eating.

Amy: hey!
Delilah: love you.

I chuckle as I look at my phone.

Amy: ew.
Delilah: yikes.
Maggie: "yikes"? What, "yikes"?
Amy&D: nothing.
Delilah: um– Dylan posted a sunset photo from his balcony's last night.
Maggie: oh, let me see it.

Amy and I look at each other then I hesitantly show the picture to Maggie.

Maggie: "#Freedom"?
Amy: I said, "ew".

We all walk out of the penthouse together and I drive to the hospital.

-hospital-

I walk into the elevator with my son in my arms and I smile as I stand next to Link.

Delilah: morning Link.
Link: morning Delilah. Morning little guy. How have you been feeling?
Delilah: good. Surgery deprived, but good. Morning Tom.
Tom: morning Shepherd.

I smile when I see Owen run into the elevator.

Delilah: hey!
Owen: hey.
Link: hey. First day back, right?
Owen: yeah. Morning Tom.
Tom: oh shoot. Is this weird for you? We've all shared the same, mm, how should I say it?
Link: you shouldn't.
Tom: pastimes? Lady friends?

Dear Lord.

Tom: you have poo on your collar.
Owen: what? Where?
Tom: made you look. Oh, you are such a stand-up guy. Leaving Teddy all alone in a motel with a new baby.
Owen: what are you still doing here Tom, hmm? Don't you have a job back in Baltimore, or did you lose that too?
Tom: that's a funny way to talk to your boss.

I look at Koracick in shock. Since when did he become Chief of surgery?

Tom: what, Teddy didn't tell you?
Owen: tell me what?
Tom: oh, since your friends went rogue, Catherine made me God of this place. So, practice kneeling. Maybe throw in a few prayers.

Oh, I will be praying.

-later-

I'm in the ER doing stitches on an 8 year old boy when Owen comes in with a patient on a gurney, with Amy and Maggie next to him.

Owen: okay, trauma one's free.
Maggie: be right there.

I run over and grab a trauma gown just as Dylan and Jackson approach.