Chapter 252:

I'm walking around the hospital going over patient charts when I see Mer with Zola.

Delilah: what's going on?
Meredith: I need a CT for Zola.
Delilah: Mer, what's going on?
Meredith: she's been vomiting and she has a headache.
Tom: well, it sounds like the flu.
Delilah: she also has a VP shiny for Spina Bifida. Come with me. Come here sweetheart.

I pick up my little sister and we bolt to CT. I stay close to Zola as I get her set up.

Delilah: you're gonna be okay sweetheart.

I kiss my little sister on the forehead then get her in. Once she was in, I walk into the booth and wait for the results.

Meredith: do you think it's a shunt revision, or is it just maybe the flu?

I could hear Mer's phone dinging a bunch.

Meredith: it's just my lawyer telling me that I'm supposed to be in court in 10 minutes. Don't.
Andrew: I wasn't gonna say anything.

I see Amy walk into the room.

Amy: how is she? Is her shunt obstructed?
Tom: oh goodie. It's a family affair. Anyone want to bring some snacks? Play a rousing game of UNO?

It took everything in me not to smack the shit out of Koracick.

Tom: oh, and Simon says...

The scans pull up.

Tom: enlarged ventricles. She'll need a shunt revision. This is very common with growth—
Delilah: I would do it laparoscopically—
Tom: no, I'd do it laparoscopically, because she's not my sister. She'll be in and out in an hour. Book an OR DeLukes.

Mer's phone dings again and I look over her shoulder and see that it was a text from her lawyer.

Andrew: look, it's a simple surgery, okay? You need to go to court. I'll be with her the whole time. And I'll update you every step of the way. I promise.
Meredith: are you kidding me right now?
Andrew: got it. Okay. Yep. You're not gonna go anywhere. Okay.
Meredith: book an OR please.
Andrew: yep, you got it.

I let out a deep breath as I look into CT and see my little sister being helped out by a doctor. I grab onto Mer's hand and squeeze it tight. I grab my phone and text Jackson.

Me: I need you. Where are you?

My Sexy Hubby 😍💍❤️: imaging room.

I run out of the room and I bolt to the imaging room where I find Jackson looking over scans with Dylan.

Jackson: hey hon. You okay?
Delilah: Zola needs surgery.
Dylan: what? Oh god. Is she okay?
Delilah: she needs a shunt revision.
Jackson: hey. She's gonna be okay baby.
Delilah: she's my baby sister. I don't want anything bad happening to her.
Dylan: nothing bad will happen, we promise.

Jackson and Dylan pull me into a hug. I spend some time with them for a while then I get a text from Mer.

Mer Bear 🧸💕: Zola is going into surgery now. She's asking for her big sister.

Me: coming ❤️

Delilah: okay, Zola's going into surgery now.
Jackson: if you need me, text me.
Delilah: mhmm.

I kiss Jackson and Dylan then I run off to take my sister to surgery.

Helm: she's so smart and tough. She'll be great.
Delilah: Helm, stop talking. Hey. It's just gonna be a quick little nap, and when you wake up, you're gonna feel so much better.
Zola: I know Ellie. I pay attention.
Meredith: I'm gonna be right here the whole time.
Delilah: me too.
Tom: and by "right here", she means in the waiting room with the other moms and dads who don't work here.