Prologue

Location: Chinatown, Singapore

Date: February 21, 2022

Time: 19:43

The lovely smell of roast duck fills the air as thousands of citizens of the technologically advanced city of Singapore flock into Chinatown. Its atmosphere is vivid with life as gems, humans and titans (a species I made up), are all socializing with one another. One young man, wearing a grey hoodie with his face covered, is eating up some crab & corn soup on a chair and he looks up to see a man looking at him funny.

Man: "What's that there? Looks like my nan's piss."

The man laughs while the man enjoying his meal stops eating and he clenches his fist and points it at the man standing in front of him. Suddenly, he rocks his fist upwards and a blade pops out below his wrist.

Man: "Ok, ok! S-sorry!"

The man runs off and the hooded man resumes consuming his meal. He then looks up at the stars and little does he know, a man in a grey suit passes by him and he has a small bottle in hand and he pours it in his soup without the hooded man noticing. Then, the hooded man begins to drink up the rest of his soup from the bowl and he chugs every single drop down his throat. After finishing it, he places the bowl on the ground near him and he gets up to use the restroom, a porta-potty. As he gets in front of it, he begins to open the door but before he can step in, he begins feeling drowsy.

Hooded man: "Christ...what was..."

Then, he slumps over and falls back and he looks up at the moon before closing his tired eyes. No one notices this and that's when something happens. 2 men with caps with an insignia and the text 'Abstergo' on them walk up to the unconscious man and they pick him up and they quickly take him to a van parked in a garage and they put him inside where it's shown that there are 4 more unconscious bodies, all of which have a 'hidden blade' below their wrist. The van's doors close and it begins to drive away as if it's in a hurry. The driver then says something as he begins to drive out of Chinatown.

Driver: "May the Father of Understanding guide us."

To be continued...

(I know this was quite short but I figured that it would be a good opening for this book)