Chapter 5 | ghosts

So far L had been filled in on a few extra details hades wanted him to know.

He and Watari were permitted to see each other and travel from Elysium to asphodel and back to do so as Watari was sent to asphodel for his afterlife. L was rather glad about that since he wasn't much good at normal life skills without his foster dad... well... after like skills.

He was told that you had chambers in the actual house of hades since you worked there, and that he was allowed to come to the house to see you or any other worker he needed ti seek out.

And finally he was given a few gems to start off the afterlife with.

Details of afterlife filled in, it was time to discuss Kira.

"So, there's no way to revive you. You're dead for good, but there is a way you can roam the living world. I can permit you and (y/n) access to it and you'll be able to interact with it as you please. Although no humans will be able to see or hear you, any other non-human being will though" Hades explained.

"Oh, kind of like a ghost?" L asked.

"Kind of. The catch is since you're of the underworld now you can't stay up there for long periods. You'll have about a mortals day before the Styx will swallow you up and take you back here, after a mortal day or two back in the underworld you can venture back out again"

So L was basically a ghost to the still living now... like he could haunt certain places he went to. That could come in handy with this case.

"If you can go back up to the living realm, sabotage Kiras plans and steer the case in the right direction to catch him, then we can avoid further damaged and your successors won't have to take over for you until they're older. All of us here agree this is the most efficient way of going about this" Hades explained.

"When you say we can interact with the mortal world, that means he can touch and move things?" You asked.

"Yes, it'll just look like a floating object to the mortals. You can touch, move, taste ect. But unless that shinigami of the book is around to see you no one will know you're there. They'll likely think it's a random haunting rather than it being you two"

Interesting... so hades wanted you and L to go back to the living world and haunt your way to victory. If L could find a way to interfere with the case and get Kira caught then he could solve it even after death. L would be haunting Kira until Kira ends up in the deepest pits of Tartarus.

That time frame was a little annoying though, only being able to stay on the surface for about a day before the Styx takes you back. That would make things a bit difficult since you could potentially miss a crucial moment to sabotage Kira. But... it was better than nothing.

"Of course we can't know exactly how smoothly things will run until you both go to the surface for a bit of a test run, see exactly the hours you can stay up there and such. But as long as you can sabotage them without drawing too much attention to the fact the underworld is interfering with humans then it should work" hades explained.

"So... basically I have to haunt Kira and drive him insane until either he gives himself up or I can find a way to expose him?" L asked.

"Correct"

You saw a cheeky grin grow across the detectives lips, like he was glad he could haunt Kira.

"You like this don't you?" You teased.

"I may have a bone to pick with Kira, yes" L replied.

"Oohhh a grudge hey? I might be able to help out with that" Megera spoke up.