Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 | Cʀᴀsʜɪɴɢ & Cʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ

꧁ ༒ ꧂

S1 x E10
Saturday
August 22, 2016

Third Person Point of View

"What do you mean, demon properties?"
Magnus asks in curiosity.

"We compared her blood test from when she was a child to now, and we assume throughout her life, something drastic happened, and her heavenly body evolved itself, causing her to develop mutations throughout her DNA. Or maybe it's another side of her being an Angel. When she was a child with her birth parents, her blood was pure light gold. Now her blood has become a dark gold. I can only think it's connected to her life experience and the distress she's gone through."
Zachariah states his hypothesis to Magnus.

"I mean, that can make sense. We don't know relatively anything about the anatomy of an Angel's body. So of course everything I'm saying here is just off of observation. Her body could have mutated for her to survive."
Zachariah continues.

"When she was with Jocelyn, she would get abused severely, basically to unconsciousness. Jocelyn would bring her to me and make me heal her and take her memory. Her becoming like this is half my fault. Oh, Sweet Pea, I'm sorry."
Magnus says as guilt fills his heart.

As Zachariah was about to speak, a ringtone sounded through the condo. Magnus gets up and goes into the guest room where Maverick is resting. Magnus picked up the phone to see a name, 'My Love,' on the screen. Thinking it was Akiko, he answers. He was wrong.

"Little Angel! Where are you? I'm back in New York. I went to your home to find it burnt. Are you okay? Are you safe?"
The deep voice of a man sounds through the phone.

"She is safe, but she is sick right now. May I ask who this is?"
Magnus ask.

"I'm her best friend. My name is Sorenity. You can call me Ren."
He said.

"Okay, Ren, what are you?"
Magnus asks, trying to see if it is safe to tell this man Maverick's whereabouts.

"I'm a Shadowhunter. What are you?"
Ren asks.

"High warlock, Magnus Bane."
He answers.

"If Maverick is with you, does that mean she has found out about her being an Angel?"
Ren asks, shocking Magnus.

"How did you know?"
Magnus asks.

"Akiko and I are her protectors; why wouldn't I know? Damn it! I thought she had more time. Where are you?"
He asks in a slight panic.

"I will send you a portal. Where are you?"
Magnus asked.

"I'm still in the apartment."
He says.

"It's dangerous for me to open one there."
Magnus says.

"I got rid of the people who were scouting this place. It's safe."
He said.

"Okay. Hold on."
Magnus said before hanging up the phone and calling Akiko.

On the second ring, she picked up.

"Hello?"
She answers.

"A male named Ren just called. Is he Maverick's best friend, and is he safe to trust?"
Magnus questions immediately.

"Yes, you can trust him. I'm surprised he didn't call me to tell me he was back, but it makes sense that he called Maverick. He does have a crush on her."
Akiko says, chuckling, and Magnus's eyes widen.