𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏| Hᴀᴘᴘʏ Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ Tᴏ Us

꧁༒꧂

S1; Ep1

Friday
August 5, 2016
2:15 am

Maverick POV

Waking up in the mornings has always been difficult for me. Even after 3 years at Cornell, waking up in the mornings are a chore. My days since coming to college has been exhausting because I've picked up three majors for undergraduate. Chemical Engineering, Preforming arts and Fine Art.

I completed my Fine Arts degree in the spring. Now I'm planning on completing my performance arts and Chemical Engineering this upcoming term. The time I've spent living at Cornell was great. I had my own space and I didn't have to worry about a roommate.

The only down part of living off campus was going back home to Brooklyn in the summer. I had a summer rate plan with my landlord so my lease would still be ongoing even while I'm gone. So I've been in the same apartment since my freshman year. Luckily I got along with my landlord and the apartment staff because having to move out every summer would have been horrible. Sadly I am officially moving from Ithaca, NY and going back home.

Which brings me to now. Groggily getting out of bed to get ready for my 5:00 AM flight. I shuffle slowly to my bathroom with my eyes half open. I flip the switch to the bathroom and began to brush my teeth and washing my face. I strip of my night clothes and getting into the shower.

"Ahh SHIT!"
I scream as my body is jumpstarted by the freezing cold water.

I stay under the water until it begins to warm up causing my body to relax from its rigid state. I begin to throughly wash myself before getting out and drying myself off. I lather some oil on my body before apply lotion on top. I put on a pair of black sweatpants and a grey long sleeve loosely fitting cropped shirt with a black sports bra underneath. I put on a pair of socks and slip on a pair of shoes.

I took my bonnet and scarf off and let my hair fall. I comb it out while looking in my vanity mirror. I smile slightly as it falls into place. I put a hair tie around my wrist before looking around my room to gather my things.

I grabbed my carry-on backpack and made sure my art portfolio and airport necessities were all there. I grab my lip liner and lipgloss and quickly put some on before adding in into the small pocket of the bag. I grab my phone from off the charger and checked the time.

3:30... Not bad. I unlock my phone and just as I was about to get to my message app, my phone lights up and rings. I immediately answer the phone.

"Maverick, are you ready? I'm outside."
The voice of my friend Kayla rang through.

"Yeah. Just double checking you can come up and take something down."
I answer.

"Great. I'm coming up."

I place my phone down and grab the charger and place it into the bag. I grab suitcases and rolled them out of my room and into the living room. I unlock the door before turning around and going back into my room to unplug everything and throw away the corner of body wash and tooth paste I had. I sling the backpack on and grab my phone and keys before shutting the door. As I walk into the living room I see Kayla picking up both suitcases and walking out the door.