03

"Sir, I just wanted your permission."

"For what?" The younger asked in his cold stern voice.

"The least selling product of the company needs more promotion, and that's why marketing department needs more funds from the finance department, can you please sign on the approval letter?" Jaeyun asked as he handed over the file to Sunghoon.

"No."

"I'm sorry?"

"No, more promotion isn't needed. You may go."

Now this made Jaeyun mad. Because he handles everything in the marketing department and if the results come low, then Sunghoon would definitely fire him. He was really patient. He sighed.

"Park Sunghoon, are you really sacrificing the results of the company just to make me resign? I know what you are planning, but I'm never going to resign. Try your best!" Jaeyun took his file and made way towards the door.

"You don't seem very professional for an employee, Mr. Sim."

"Indeed because you changed a lot, Mr. Park."

He said, directly glaring at Sunghoon's eyes, that made Sunghoon feel something really weird inside. He was guilty. Yes, he wanted Jake's betterment, but Jake didn't know anything, and every move Sunghoon made, was hurting him more and more.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jake sighed as the cold breeze was went cutting through him and touching his flawless skin, making his tremble a bit. It was around evening, he was in the park, with his dog, Layla, running around everywhere. Jake looked blankly at his dog, who was now looking at him, tilting her head, confused, as of why her dad seems sad.

Her puppy eyes always used to melt Jake's heart. He smiled and ruffled Layla's smooth fur. He didn't show it much these days, but Sunghoon affected him a lot. The way he changed so much during these years, the way he turned a lot more cold, made Jake sad and anxious.

Why do I feel like crying? Why is this happening to me? He doesn't care about me now, why am I thinking about him?

"Jaeyun?" Jake snapped out of his thoughts as he heard a familiar voice.

"Heeseung!"

Heeseung was going to say something to Jake but Layla came barking towards them. Heeseung crouched to her level and patted her head as Layla wiggled her tail.

"She likes you." The shorted male said as he chuckled.

"She's adorable what's her name?"

"Layla."

"Sweet name, just like the owner." Heeseung said, looking at Jake and he couldn't stop but blush and smile at the older.

"Uh- what are you doing here by the way?" Jake finally asked to clear the awkward air.

"I went to the convenience store to get some ramyeon." Heeseung said showing the shorter male the plastic bag full of ramyeon packs.

"No but really, ramyeon is the best thing invented." Jake said as he started craving for some ramyeon too.

"You want to join me? Let's have some!" Heeseung offered as Jaeyun shook his head, denying.

"Thankyou Heeseung, but sometime later, it's time for Layla to eat and have some rest. I should get going now. But we'll have ramyeon together someday."

"You promise? Don't break it okay?"

"Yes. I promise."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"S-sunghoon, I like you." A boy confessed to the tall transferee when the three boys were chilling in the classroom.

"Oh you like me?" Sunghoon repeated his words as he glanced over to Jake, maybe giving him a hint, or teasing him?

"Aren't you the class president of the section B?" Jungwon said as he smiled sweetly at the guy who confessed.

"Hey, don't be shy or embarrassed, it's normal to like someone, and you actually confessed, I could never to be honest." Jaeyun said as he patted the guy's shoulder and glanced at Sunghoon again.

"Soobin, right? You are really a great guy I've heard a lot about you, but I'm really sorry, I like someone else." Sunghoon said as he passed his assuring dimpled smile to Soobin.

Soobin, being the smart guy he was, understood that something was going on between these two. It hurt but it was just a small crush. He smiled as he whispered "Good luck with Jake." in Sunghoon's ear, leaving the boy being embarrassed on how he's too obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sunghoon thanked the driver as he stepped inside his mansion. But a voice stopped him on the tracks.

"How's the business going, my son?"

"It's going good, mom." He said trying to avoid the conversation and leave.

"I heard there's a new marketing manager in the company....what was his name again?"

"Mom-"

"Ohh yes, Sim Jaeyun, right? That childish first love of yours?"

"Mrs. Park, stop it-" Sunghoon said, controlling his tears as his mom again cut him off.

"Did you recruit him? You know I'll make it hard for him, right?"

"I didn't! He was recuited by the direct interview. I didn't even know that he's back to Korea."

"Good for you. Listen to me, he isn't a really good match for you, I'm talking to some of my business partners for their children to marry you, and it would be great, if you make that Jaeyun guy resign as soon as possible, or you know very well what can happen to him." She said as she took another sip of her tea, without even looking at her son.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! YOU KNOW VERY WELL THAT I LOVE HIM! I HATE YOU SO MUCH MOM!!" Sunghoon yelled as he ran upto the stairs.

"YOU BETTER BEHAVE SUNGHOON! I'M YOUR MOTHER!! AND THAT GUY DOESN'T HAVE ANY MONEY OR FAME, HE WON'T BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, THAT IS FINAL." Mrs. Park shouted, making Sunghoon flinched, but he still went upstairs, controlling his tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Jungwon~ How can I help you sweetie?" Jay said as he noticed Jungwon coming towards the reception table.

"Where is Jake hyung?" He said with a straight face.

"I thought you came to meet me-" Jay said lowkey pouting as Jungwon cutted him off.

"Mr. Park Jay, can you please tell me on which floor I can find the manager of marketing department?" Jungwon said again as he rolled eyes.

"6th floor. As the lift opens, go to the right, you'll find his cabin."

"Okay, thankyou." The shorter male was ready to go until Jay held his hand.

"Thankyou isn't enough, I need your number, Jungwon." This was enough to make Jungwon's cheeks red.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Always sounds so good omgggggg have you all heard it aaaaaaaaa