thirteen.

EXCUSE ANY ERRORS.

All you could hear in their kitchen was the sound of Chris slurping on the bowl of soup Karlae prepared for him once he finally got her and Ermias to calm down. Ermias stood there casually leaning against the countertop while Karlae leaned against the kitchen island where Chris sat, ignoring the both of them.

"This some good ass soup y'all, gaaahdamn!" He said aloud,"I ain't had no food like this in a minute."

"You gotta' be fuckin' kidding me," Karlae said as she began to laugh hysterically and pace the kitchen floor. Ermias watched her closely, confused as to why she was doubled over, holding her stomach as she continued laughing loudly. Standing up straight, she looked at him and pointed to Chris to ask,"This is a joke right? Like, I'm trippin', right?"

Sitting his spoon down, Chris quietly looked her up and down as she wiped tears from her eyes while giggling softly,"Hmph. I see you still crazy as hell."

"What the fuck are you doing in my house Chris?" She chuckled as he looked to Ermias who was wondering the same exact thing,"I'm here for you." He pointed to her,"I'm here for my family."

"You gon' have to be a lil' more specific young bro," Ermias said to him,"I mean .. you .. you supposed to be dead. This shit don't make sense."

"It's not supposed to make sense to y'all. Look," He pushed his bowl of soup away from himself and cleared his throat,"it's gonna sound crazy but like I said it's not supposed to make sense to y'all. Just hear me out though, aight?"

He quietly looked back and forth between the two of them to make sure they were all ears, and of course they were — they had literally just came home from a night out to see him in their living room, casually playing with Kam and Leilani. They needed some kind of answers because this seemed completely unreal.

"I am– well, I was dead. I mean, I still supposed to be but you know since I'm one of God's favorites and all of that, He let me come back to help fix my family. I always have been the healer amongst us, I'm sure you would agree Boog." Karlae had to admit that he'd got her right there, because he wasn't lying. Any kind of conflict his sisters encountered with one another, he was somehow always there to mediate and get them to some kind of resolution.

"So that's it? You one of God's favorites so He just let you rise up from the dead?" Karlae snapped her fingers,"Just like that huh? Chris I literally watched you take your last breath— we both did," She then pointed back and forth between herself and Hussle,"I don't get it."

"Yea, nah, me either homie." Ermias shook his head.

"I mean, well, I did say it wasn't supposed to make sense to y'all. Have I ever lied to y'all?" They got quiet,"Oh. Yea. Okay then."

"So tell me Chris, how do we explain this shit to everybody?"

"The same way I just explained it to y'all, plus it really ain't nobody else's business. Either be happy I'm here or, I don't know," He began to eat his soup again,"talk to God about it. Where Camille at though? I wanna see her."

"Ain't you like an angel now or some shit? How you don't know? I thought y'all had radars for shit like that," Ermias said as Karlae frowned at him,"Nigga, what?"