Prologue - A Simple Favour

It was the end of the Civil War, the Hermits were out in the battlefield, saying their GG's and patting each other at the back. Grian was shyly walking towards Team Star, but mostly towards Impulse. Ever since the start of the season, Grian wanted to tell Impulse how he felt. Their first interaction near iTrade wasn't enough, he thought. Another time was when they made machines and traps in Tango's "How to Kill a Tango" competition. He somehow couldn't stop "glancing" towards Impulse, who was laughing when things got funny in the competition.

Grian took a deep breath, and tapped Impulse's shoulder, who turned around. Even though Grian's eyes are closed, he can see Impulse's face go from wondering who tapped his shoulder to a soft smile.

"Hey G, good game, bud," Impulse said, shaking Grian's hand. Grian nodded as an answer. The Civil War was tough, but at least they had fun.

"Yeah, uhh, good game, Impulse. You were great as well," Grian's tone was soft, but can be heard by Impulse.

"You tapped me on the shoulder, anything you want to say or something?" Impulse asked. Grian took another deep breath.

"I, uhh, need a favour from you," he finally said.

"Oh? What is it?"

Grian was nervous, but he quickly said, "Itmightbeweird,butcanyougivemeakiss?!"

"A kiss?" Impulse laughed a bit.

Grian panicked, "I-It's okay if you don't w-want to! I understand and—"

Impulse cut Grian off by pulling him closer, and giving him a quick kiss on the lips that only lasted for a second. It was just a favour, right? Nothing bad would happen. Grian wanted to open his eyes out of pure surprise, but kept them closed.

The reason why he kept his eyes closed for the season is that he thought the Hermits would find it weird. His pupils and eye colour aren't the same, the right being a blue-ish indigo with circle pupils, while the left is more purple and the pupil being that of a cat's. Having the Watcher Blindfold on for a day surely screwed his eyes, so the Hermits would assume he's blind, even though his flying technique is surely alright.

Their minute long silence was broken by Ren, who was calling Impulse over. "Well, I gotta go. I'll see you later, okay?" Impulse said, stepping back a bit.

"O-okay," Grian stuttered, still trying to process what the heck just happened. Grian watched as Impulse walked back to the other Team Star members, while he walked back to his G-Team members.

Ren elbowed Impulse with a smug expression.

"What?" Impulse questioned.

"You and Grian, eh?" Ren said, laughing a bit.

"Me and Grian? No no, he just wanted that kiss as a favour, you know?" Impulse is such a nice guy. He would do anything to make his friends happy.

"Uh-huh, are you sure?" Ren raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure!" Impulse looked back at Grian, who was chatting with his team members. "I hope…"

"Hey, I'll give you time to think about it, okay?" Ren patted Impulse at the back.

"Y-yeah, thanks, Ren," Impulse was still looking at Grian, who flew away from the battlefield.

Was that kiss a favour, or was the real deal?