Chapter 1 - The Reason

Months passed, it was now the Hippie Commune vs. Area 77 event. Grian was writing down a sign outside of iTrade. He just built the Mega RV, and wanted to hire someone who can do a countdown clock, since he can't do redstone yet. As he finished writing the sign, he looked at the sign of the shop, sighing.

"Would Impulse be alright for the job? He IS good at the redstone," Grian said to himself, but shook his head. "No, G, you gotta focus! These feelings will weigh you down if you keep this up!"

Grian kept looking at the sign as his cheeks started to get warm. He sighed again, and walked back to the Nether portal. "And now I've gotta go all the way back," he said to himself, whining a bit.

A few days have passed, and Grian and Ren are at the Hippie Commune.

"So, Grian, who applied for the job?" Ren asked, standing by the jukebox.

"Well, the only person who applied was, uhh, Impulse," Grian said, feeling his cheeks warm again.

"What's bad about that?"

Grian turned away, his purple wings drooping down a bit. It took a while, but Ren realised what was going on.

"Ohhh! That," Ren chuckled, his dog tail wagging. "I knew it!"

"You knew?!" Grian's face was as red as red terracotta.

"I mean, I thought you and Mumbo would be a thing later on, but I guess I was wrong," Grian sighed at Ren's response. He knew that the Hermits would only guess that he was into Mumbo, but he just ignored them when they brought it up.

Grian looked around the Hippie Commune, and smiled at the thought that this community will evolve once Impulse comes around.

"Well, let's get ready for Impulse's arrival, then," Grian said, his smile growing wider.

"That's the spirit, G!" Ren hopped off the jukebox, and patted Grian on the shoulder.

Minutes later, Impulse arrived at the Hippie Commune after searching for a while. Grian kept himself from suddenly hugging him tightly, he can't give himself up just yet.

"Welcome to the Hippie Commune, Impulse," Ren greeted him with a wave.

Grian approached him shyly, but stepped back a bit when Impulse turned to look and smile at him. He cleared his throat, "Are you ready for the interview?"

Impulse nodded excitedly but also nervously, "I sure am. Where do we get started?"

"Well, first thing's first, place all your items in this chest," Grian said, placing and opening said chest open. He watched Impulse nod, as he placed his items in the chest, such as his sword, axe, pickaxe, and the rest of his inventory.

Ren hummed, "Do you see any flowers in there, Grian?"

"Nope, not a single piece of love in there," Grian shook his head, chuckling a bit. Impulse chuckled as well, a bit of his nervousness showing in his tone.

Grian then ushered the two into Ren's van, and into the bathroom. It is a gentleman's rule to not look while someone's on the toilet he said before Grian entered the bathroom. When the three finally made it into the shroom room, Grian sat down on his chair and Ren did the same. The beige hair male hummed a chuckle when Impulse started nervously sitting on his chair on the other side of the table.

An hour goes by, and it is the end of the interview. The three were still laughing after what had happened. Thinking he got the right toilet seat, Impulse clicked the button, expecting nothing, but instead he fell into a block of lava underneath. Grian sighed at the thought, and Impulse's laugh afterwards just made him smile. He knows Impulse was having fun back there. Grian was in his own RV, putting junk into the chests he never thought to clean. He has the same problem back in his base, shulker boxes and large chests everywhere on the floor where he usually sleeps in. After finishing, he walked out of his RV to get some fresh air, it was a lovely afternoon after all.