Chapter 2

"Good morning Evie, honey may I come in? Are you awake?" a cheerful voice was heard outside the door.

"I'm going to have a bath, Faye" the young female's voice was heard from the room.

"Oh, then come downstairs for breakfast when you are ready" the woman said and went down the stairs.

The girl looked at the clock on her wall. It was almost 8.00. She got off bad and let out a loud sigh. She walked to the bathroom and undressed herself. Entering the bathtub, she shivered as the cold water made contact with her bare skin, but a cold shower is apparently a very efficient way to wake someone up so she ignored it. After finishing her shower, she dried her hair, put on some clothes and went downstairs for breakfast.

She saw that the old lady had already taken a seat and was patiently waiting, her light gray hair tied in a perfect bun and her delicate pale face and light blue eyes looking so peaceful and calm. She somehow always managed to look elegant and graceful, despite her old age.

"Good morning, Miss Forest. I apologize for taking so long" the girl said with a polite smile and stood next to a chair.

The older woman smiled at her. "Don't worry Evelyn. Take your seat, please" she said and the girl did as told.

As they were eating, the older woman suddenly put her fork on the table and cleared her throat. The girl immediately turned to look at her.

The old lady let out a sigh. "Evelyn, I know that it has already been a year since I adopted you and I can't describe how glad I am about that decision. I acknowledge that this situation along with everything you have been through are certainly quite a lot to take for a child your age, but I want you to know that I am proud of the way you are dealing with all this and I want you to know that I will be here for everything you need".

The girl was looking at her focused, almost feeling guilty. Almost...

"But this is not all I wanted to talk about", the woman said and sighed again, "I will have to travel to... another country and stay there for some time. I will also take Faye with me. Unfortunately you cannot come with us since it would most likely have a negative effect on your... condition. Besides, I will be very busy all day and Faye will have to accompany me, so I wouldn't be able to take you with me or leave you alone at the hotel. So, I decided to ask a friend of mine to take care of you for as long as I'm away. I hope you understand my reasons" the woman finished and looked at the girl with a sad smile.

The girl smiled as well. "There is no need for you toworry, Miss Forest. I understand" the girl said.

"Thank you, Evelyn. I will be leaving in two days so I would like you to be prepared by then. You may go to your room now if you have finished with your breakfast" the older woman said and the girl thanked her for the food before getting up and going upstairs.

Once she arrived, she closed the door gently and let out a loud sigh she was holding during this whole time. Her face went back to being expressionless and she started processing the situation, hundreds of thoughts running around inside her head. But the main questions were; How far away from the manor would the place she would be staying at be? How long would it take Miss Forest to come back? Who would she be staying with?

She opened the window and let the cold breeze enter the room. She looked at the forest that was next to the manor and then closed her eyes. A voice rang in her head making her narrow her eyes. A rough cold voice.

Don't trust anyone. In this world there's simply no hope...

a/n

Hello to everyone reading this.

So the photo on top is Evelyn's room. The picture doesn't belong to me.

That's all I wanted to say I guess...

I hope you are enjoying reading this book and also feel free to let me know if I have made any mistakes.

Bye for now.