Chapter 9

(a/n I do not own the image, and it shows the Wayne manor's dining room)

"Good morning Miss Evelynn" a voice rang in her ears.

She immediately opened her eyes and looked to her left, where her alarm was. 5.47 , it read. How wonderful, she thought and slowly got up to open the door.

"Good morning Alfred" she opened the door before slightly brushing her tangled hair with her fingers.

"How was your sleep, Miss Evelynn? Quite deep it appears" commented Alfred. 

"It seems it was" Evelynn agreed with a bored expression.

"Well, breakfast is ready downstairs. You may come when you are ready, Miss Evelynn" Alfred said and walked off.

Evie sighed and closed the door. She washed her face and brushed her teeth, while deciding to go to sleep earlier than 4.30 a.m. She quickly put on some clothes and tried to comb her hair. Key word; tried. She then left her room and walked to the dining room, where everyone was already sat and eating.

"Good morning Evelynn. Please have a seat" Bruce greeted her giving her a kind smile.

"Good morning, Mister Wayne. Damian" she greeted back, only receiving a glare from Damian's way.

"How was your sleep?" Bruce asked, after she sat herself.

"Good. Thank you" she replied unamused, while Alfred placed her food in front of her.

After a few minutes of silence Bruce tried to initiate a conversation again. "Miss Forest informed me that you attend the online courses at Gotham Academy"

"I do" Evelynn said.

"Damian also attends Gotham Academy" Bruce kept trying.

"Yes, I saw his uniform the other day" Evie answered.

There was a long pause for a few minutes and then Bruce spoke again.

"I see... So, I'd like to talk to you about an issue that has appeared. Ellie has already mentioned it a few times from what I've heard, but until now was not of great significance" 

Evelynn put down her fork and raised her eyebrow looking at him expectedly.

"In order for you to complete your courses and pass the grade you'll have to attend school for at least 3 months, live"