Chapter 8

(important a/n at the end, you can now proceed with the story)

It was somewhere around midnight that Evelynn woke up from her 'nap'. She stared blankly at the ceiling for a few minutes before getting up and looking outside. The sky was dark only a weak light showing behind the clouds. The manor was far away from the city so it was pretty quiet. She was used to the silence but at this very moment she felt as if she was completely alone. Not only inside her room but the whole manor.

However, she dismissed her thought and decided to get to work as it was impossible for her to go back to sleep. She unzipped her bag and took out a laptop along with some papers.

School was something she considered aimless yet mandatory. Honestly a waste of her energy and time. She would rather lay around or stick to her books all day, but in order to keep Miss Forest from getting any further involved she had to keep her grades high and stay focused. Something, which apart from being annoying was extremely hard.

Sure, she was smart and -well, seemingly- hard-working, but Gotham Academy was not to be underestimated, even in its online classes. But at least school in that case didn't involve any socializing, were it for the teachers or students, and that was definitely a stong benefit online courses had.

Nonetheless, she still had a lot of homework and other duties and had to put in great effort to remain at the top. After all that was an elite school with a fair amount of academically gifted students.

But, after everything, even though she considered school to be all that aimless waste of energy and time, her going to school again was quite reassuring. It sometimes reminded her that she was still a kid, brought her back to reality and showed her that in order to reach her goals she also had to go through that, like any normal kid.

Sometimes, it felt like the accident had never happened...

Ahhh, the accident...

From the moment she woke up even until now, it felt like everything was lost.

And it was.

Life seemed like it had no meaning.

And most of the time it didn't.

She just had to keep existing. And there was only one thing keeping her going. Something that ony she could do.

And, well, she had to stay alive to do it. She had to keep going no matter what.

And maybe after she had achieved her goal, she would finally be able to put her mind and soul at peace.

But her goal was still far away and required much more effort and time in order to be reached. And so until then she had to keep to her trusting methods and do what she could. After all it wasn't like someone was going to stop her or pose any serious threat.

That was what she thought at least.

a/n

Hello there lovely readers,

It's been quite a long time since I've last updated this story  and welltbh school and homework are to blame. Plus my lack of inspiration and extreme boredom. But let's move on to something more important. About the story.

So, I know where I want this story to go and have already developed Evie's past and other stuff. But the problem is I don't know how to reach all that. I don't want to start revealing Evie's past from now and in order to get deeper in the story I need to develop Damian's and Evie's relationship (thinking of an enemies to lovers trope or smth) and make many more interactions with the members of the Batfam. And maybe talk a little more about Miss Forest"s and Evie's relationship too.

So, in order to do all that I srsly need to get my brain back to work and find som inspiration. So if anyone would maybe like to suggest something, I'll gladly consider any suggestions.

Also, a few things I'd like clarify, for any questions please leave a comment or... idk smth like that;

-First of all, I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I consider Evelynn and Damian to be somewhere between the ages of 14-16 (idk how old I want them to be for sure yet) so don't expect anything too extreme

-Second, both Evie and Dami are Gotham Academy students but Dami attending the live classes at school and Evie's an online student. But about that, I'm actually thinking of making her attend school ith Dami a couple of time, but still idk. So what do you think about that?

-Third, I don't know how many members of the Batfam I'm gonna involve apart from Dami, Bruve and Alfred and how i should make their relationship with Evie, so please help me 

-Fourth, I was originally against the idea of giving Evie any friends but now I'm not sure, so, once again, please tell me what you think

-Fifth, I originally wanted a cold and serious Evie and I'm still in favour of that, but should I maybe let her go a bit soft at some point or make a situation where damian has to save her (with that i'm refering to future chapters, and also I mostly like powerful and independent female characters, but I'm still kindly requesting your opinion plz)

That is the end of the a/n, which may or not be bigger than the actual chapter's story.

Thank you for reading and if you want like or leave a comment. Let's hope that I will update soon.

See you<333

(P.S. I do not own the image at the top)