DIECIESIETE

after brunch , you waited for your father outside the casita. Your eyes were wandering too much on the sight of the town down the mini hill on the casita, your thoughts were once interruped by a voice and a sound of squeaking beside you.

"Oh h-hi sorry for the rats,they were kind of naughty these days you know haha stealing arepa's " bruno laughed akwardly at his one statement but soon stopped as he looked at you

"Its okey papa, im okey with your rats going with us" you said after giving him a smile while he replied with a shocked face so as his rats stopped and looked at you too. You finally said that word after having hard times fighting with yourself last night. You wanted to know your father better.

he didn't said anything and walk with you down the hill. You could see camilo and mirabel bickering each other and isabela trying to stop them, luisa covering dolores ears. You looked at them smiling and when a figure of someone went up to them making camilo froze and he started?... shapeshiftng and oh! His face is getting red..im assuring that's the Venice they're talking about? Well she has a below shoulder lenght of hair with a purple bow on it and a white with strawberry embroidered dress.

fears are common, kids that you guys were passing by is started to get scared by both of you and your father. They started giving you that looks and your father started to feel uncomfortable, so you were. But you decided to grab his hand for a sign of comfort as he smiled at your figure and started walking again.

you both stopped at the river side, it was one of the most quiet places here in encanto.

you both took a seat as the tree was behind you.  You settle down the picnic basket and blanket.

a silence was too loud , only the chirps of birds were heard, the rats eating arepa's again and the sound of the wind. it was only a silence but it was  fine. The only thing that matters right now is you are finally with your father.  The worry  of you dying again without seeing him finally vanished.

"Your mother.." he stated after letting out a heavy sigh while fidgeting with his fingers. He was about to say something when i interrupted him

"Its okey..you can talk about her if you feel comfortable enough about it." You told him as understanding his situation. You know it must be hard for him in this times.

"Thankyou for being understanding mija... i don't know why you still see me as your father when im not there in your life... im so sorry for what i did,for leaving you. I know you must have felt a lot worser than mine...behind the walls i saw you getting mistreated but i couldn't do anything..please give me a chance to be a better padre for you.." he finished his statement with stuterring. You smiled at him before replying

"No..i don't think i went through alot worser than you. You hid behind those walls to keep your family safe..i should be sorry to, because you were given such as big responsibility for having me ... " you replied to him looking away.

"Thankyou for giving me a home to stay" you told him. He looked at you and smiled before giving you a bear hug. Finally , the hug that you've been longing for. A hug of a father

A/n
Gah this story is bouta end😭 to keep in touch , visit my profile for camilo x reader book!