New Years|part 1🥀

It was the day of the New Year's ball, and Rastha was officially seen as Sovieshu's concubine now which caused her to ask for a gift from Navier causing the said blonde to complain to Miranda now about the act.

"She asked me to send her a gift like we are friends, Mir. Why would I send a gift to the woman who is taking away my husband." She sighed out, rubbing her forehead gently. Ever since Rastha came along, she slowly started to destroy everything. Was she out to get her.

"I know, Navier. You do not need to send a gift. Just relax, you're stressing yourself out. You also look pale." Miranda replied in a concerned tone. She hoped that Navier wasn't becoming illed as she had Alexander fetch them both cups of tea.

"What are you wearing to the ball?" Miranda asked, deciding to change the topic to something happier. She already had a gift for Navier to put on later.

"A gown that my mother gifted me." She answered Miranda before letting an actual smile show on her face.

'I'm glad I can see her enjoy herself.' Miranda thought, admiring the Eastern's empress before they were interrupted by Alexander entering the room with the cups of tea. Quickly sitting both cups in front of the women, he sat down next to Miranda.

"Your Majesty, you'll have to get prepared later." He whispered in her ear as Navier looked away from the scene. It felt like something a couple would do in her mind and she felt upset for some reason. Was she jealous?

"I know, Alex. Shoo." Miranda rolled her eyes in mock annoyance before pushing the taller man away a little before she and Navier continued talking while drinking their tea before it was time for both of them to get prepared as Miranda and Alexander took their leave.

"Eleanor, please get the flower crown that was prepared." Miranda requested as Melody and Luna started to dress her in the dress that the seamstress made before their departure as they brushed her hair.

"You look beautiful, Your Highness." Luna gushed, fixing things out of order. Melody placed a dark red lipstick on Miranda's lip before announcing that they were done. Looking the mirror, she added her mother's old pearl necklace on before smiling at the look. Eleanor came back with the crown in hand before observing Miranda's look.

"I remember when you were just a little girl who would trip over her dress." She teased, remembering having to bandaged her knees and hands at time as she kissed the girl's cheek softly.

"Arrêt." Miranda said before laughing out loud at the affection that was being shown to her. She missed moments like these with Eleanor and Alexander lately.

"Your Highness, it's time to go. Alexander said he'll escort you." Melody chimed in softly as she and Luna got ready to walk behind their empress. Miranda walked with her head up high as she grabbed Alexander's arm.

"You look beautiful, Miranda. I know many would want to dance with you." He complimented her, leading her to the ballroom as everyone's eyes watched her stride in the room. Making her way to Navier, she noticed that Rastha was here for some reason.

"Navi, why is she here?" She whispered, glancing at the woman surrounded by nobles. Concubines usually were not allowed to be here.

"I don't know, I wasn't aware that she would be here." Navier sighed out, feeling upset and stressed out at the situation. Miranda decided to cheer Navier up by putting the white rose and baby breath flowers crown on her head.

"There, everyone will know that you're the loveliest person here." Miranda murmured, kissing Navier's hand. Whispers can be heard as people seen the scene making Rastha turn to look.