Prologue

"How could she relapse?" I heard my mothers weak voice resound through the closed hospital doors. She was talking to our family doctor and the one person who had helped me through that dreaded journey a few years ago.

"I'm sorry ma'am but there's nothing we can do anymore. "He replied.

Nothing they could do? That meant only one thing....

"Good, you're awake."The doctor said looking at me with a worried expression. I could see my mom and brother's faces outside the ward and it looked like they were crying.

"What's going on? Did someone die? " I question in a sorry attempt to lighten the mood.

"Listen Adeline dear, we are sorry for everything but..." he paused taking in my expression.
"But what doc?"

"Your relapse is more deadly than your first experience and this time I'm afraid we've reached the peak of our medical treatment."

"And that means?"

"Its over Adele, I'm sorry."

"What's over?" I asked in barely a whisper afraid of the worst to come.

"I'm sorry sweetie but you have only one year left." As I heard those words, my whole world came tumbling before my eyes.

~~~~~~~~
Hello fellow wattpaders, just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has taken time out to read this book. I truly appreciate your love and support.

Also, this book is purely fictional and not based on a friend of mine or whatever.

Love y'all and God bless,

Graycee.