Chapter Three

The journey to school was an awkward one. Katie tried to start a conversation every now and then but it ended with either Liz telling her to shut up or Tavia completely ignoring her. She eventually lost all hope and started looking out the window.

I noticed him taking occasional glances at me but pretended not to be lost in thought .
"Finally, the tension in that car can choke a person to his death." Liz said jumping out of the car. Katie chuckled and I breathed a sigh of relief. Tavia got out last and smiled at her and Liz but when he turned to me, an unknown expression crossed his face. It was a mixture of guilt, sadness and confusion. I wouldn't blame him though imagine you having a best friend for ten years but still couldn't be able to tell that she had cancer.

"Come on Mora, we're going to be late" Katie grabbed me by the arm and practically dragged me through the hallway and I internally groaned. God really decided to punish me by making sure I had 1st period with her. That girl is insane and will murder anyone who makes her late to class.

Liz waved us and walked in the opposite direction of her classroom while Kat rolled her eyes and muttered something about her being a  disobedient and rule breaking delinquent .
"Miss Grey, Miss Sanders, would you care to explain to the class why you are late?" Our bitchy History teacher asked and I could tell Kat was about to explode any moment. She hated attention and now we had half of the classroom staring at us.

I apologized on behalf of Kat and shoved her to her front seat. She gave me a grateful smile and I returned it. Walking to the back row, I saw my seat was already taken and didn't plan on starting a fight so I just took the last empty seat there.

Then it dawned on me. How did they know I had cancer? It couldn't be mum, could it? All these thoughts were clouded in my head up to the point I didn't hear the door open and made the mistake of not looking up until,

"You're in my seat."

Oh Shit