Chapter 3: Under the universe

"This is illegal!" I quietly shouted as she got inside a rusty gate of a cemetery. Yes, A FREAKIN CEMETERY!

"Says the guy who did a lot of illegal stuff before," she mocks me.

"That's different," I said but she just gave me a look.

"This is illegal or are you just scared?" She said as she gave me a loop-sided smile. I rolled my eyes and walked near her. I heard her chuckle and my eyes rolled even more.

She started walking further inside the creepy place like she's used to doing it. She even hums while walking. "Will you stop it?"

"Stop what?" She asked, intentionally annoying me. She started to hum again and her pace slowed down. I stopped and stared at her with confusion when she abruptly stopped walking. I looked at where she's staring at but saw nothing.

"What? Why? What?" I stuttered and immediately walked near her.

"We are just passing by. We are sorry to disturb you," she said to where she's staring. I had goosebumps all over upon hearing it.

"Who are you talking to?" She did not answer me but ran as fast as she could, which made me run as well. My eyes are as wide as saucers as I run as fast as Usain Bolt. Shit! This is crazy! She is crazy!

She suddenly stopped which made me bump her as I stopped, too. I only realized now that I was already out of breath when we stopped running. I was busy catching my breath when I heard her gasps break into laughter. With me still catching my breath, I look at her with my eyes shooting lasers. The hell is wrong with this woman?

"You should have seen your face," she struggles to say between her laughter.  "You were paler than me back there."

"Did you just---"

"Yes, I just did. That was a prank." She answered before I even finished my question. "There was no ghost. If I was able to see one, I won't be talking to it. I would just scurry off." She wiped the tear at the edge of her eyes from laughing too much.

"You!" I dashed towards her and about to give her a beating but what she did surprised me. As I got near her, her arms wrapped around my waist and rested her head on my chest. Yes, she's hugging me. A stranger is hugging me.

"Thank you," she whispered in a hushed tone of voice which took me aback. "It was my first time, too."

"First time?" I asked confusedly. She lifted her head and looked at me. Her face is just a few inches away from me but I didn't mind. People touching me or invading my personal space makes me feel irritated, it makes me want to distance myself more from them. Why is it different now? This woman is so close to me but why am I not irritated? Why did I not push her away?

"Museum," she smiled and rested her head on my chest again. "It's my first time going to a museum, too."

"And as a token of appreciation," she distanced herself from me and looked up at the sky. I copied her actions and what I see awes me. We are under the night sky covered with glitters and painted with dark purple, silver, and dark blue. What I'm witnessing right now is stunning.

"It's something, isn't it?" I heard her say.

"It is," I blurted out in awe, which surprised me. No one and nothing made me feel appreciative of something but for the first time in like forever, I'm amazed staring at something.

"Come, the view is better when you lie down." I look at her and she is now lying down on the green grass. I looked around and that is when I realized that we are in a green field surrounded by huge trees. I lay down beside her and before I could put my arm under my head, she grabbed it and placed her head on it, serving it as her pillow. I did not protest and just lay my head on the grass, staring up at the sky.

"Want to hear something fun?" She asked and I just remained silent, waiting for her to continue. "Once a person dies, he becomes one of those," she raised her finger.

"Why is it fun?" I asked.

"Because when you die and no one remembers you anymore, there are still some people who look up at the stars. In that way, someone is still looking at you." I looked down at her and my lips slowly formed a smile. This woman is surprisingly good at talking.

"When I die, I want to be buried here at this exact spot. I want my grave to have a full view of this spectacle right here," she looks up at me and smiles. "I want that to happen."

I stare at her intently, trying to memorize every detail of her face. I want to remember her face before I leave this place... Before I leave this world. She moves closer and wraps one arm around my body.

"Can we get some sleep? Just a few minutes," she asked and yawned. I wrap my arm which is under her head on her shoulder.

"Get some sleep. I'll wake you up in a few minutes. You still have to bring me somewhere else." She chuckled at what I said. I look up at the sky again and look at the stars which are shining very brightly.