Prologue: Safe and Sound

TW/CW: Mentions of death, death, violence, blood, fighting....

______________

Tommy was running through the dense, dark forest with two tiny bundles in his arms and several people with bad intentions behind him. You are probably wondering how he got into this situation, why he has two bundles in his arms, and what are they? He is wondering how too.

~*Flashback*~

Tommy had just gotten out of prison, the place he had been stuck in for about a month with his abuser Dream. Dream had also killed him, beaten him to death with a potato, and left his corpse for three days. It felt like months to Tommy, but Dream had revived him after the third day.

Walking out of the huge complex, Tommy still had a limp and a few bruises and scratches. The revival process had healed and fixed many things, but it didn't magically fix everything. It even left behind a mark to remember it by.

Tommy was just roaming around aimlessly when he heard a gasp behind him. He turned around painfully to be met with the sight of his best friend who had gone pale and looked close to tears.

"Hey Big Man," Tommy greeted happily.

He watched Tubbo take a step towards him as everything went black.

When he woke up, he was laid out on a couch in a tiny little wooden cottage with his best friend's worried face hovering over him. Moving his confused eyes to the figure standing behind the goat boy, Tommy could also see Ranboo standing there with a worried face, a tiny bundle of cloth in his arms. It was moving.

"H-Hey, what's going on?" Tommy asked sluggishly, trying to sit up with a grimace.

"Woah Big Man, I think you need to stay down for a little longer. You are at my house with Ranboo and I," Tubbo said, putting his hand on Tommy's shoulder and pushing him back down.

Tommy just looked around disoriented. The little house was warm and cozy, and it felt safe. Tommy took a breath of relief but immediately turned to Ranboo when he heard tiny grunts and very distorted oinks.

He studied Ranboo and the bundle for a second before asking, "What the hell was that?"

"Oh," Ranboo let out in surprise before moving towards Tommy and the couch and showing the tiny creature wrapped in the blankets. "This is Tubbo and I's son, Michael. We found him in the nether a couple days ago. He's still in the process of curing, so he still sounds a little zombified, but soon he should sound and act exactly like a normal baby piglin. He's about three to four months old"

"Your son?" Tommy asked, looking from Tubbo to Ranboo and back again.

"Yeah, Ranboo and I kinda got married and we decided to adopt this little guy." Tubbo replied happily.

"You got married?!" Tommy exclaimed in surprise and somewhat a little angry.

"Yep," Ranboo confirmed.

Tommy started trying to get up again and leave. No way was this happening. His best friend married someone while he disappeared for a month. He was trapped in the prison for a month and was dead for three days. Tubbo just pushed him back down.

"No moving. I know that you may be a bit angry, as you are the - one and only - Tommyinnit, but you need to calm down and relax," Tubbo said in a tired and resigned tone.

"No way am I going to relax! What the hell!? What the fuck!? Wh- Ow!" Tommy yelped, his back and leg cramping as he kept trying to get up.

"Then stop moving and just relax!" Tubbo said, grabbing a blanket and laying it over Tommy before standing up.