Chapter 3: Home

That night, as Tommy was tucking the two into a single cradle in his new room, Michael said two new words.

"Papa? Dada?" Michael asked with a wide eye.

Tommy froze before frowning sadly.

"Sorry bud. I don't know where they are," he answered.

"Papa. Dada," Michael repeated, his voice shaking in a slight whimper.

"I-I'm sorry Michael," Tommy's own voice shook with emotion. "I don't know where Bee and Boo are."

Tears were slowly falling down the little piglin's cheek from the eye that could still produce tears as he sniffled quietly. He looked up at Tommy with the big eye, and that was when Tommy decided he wanted both of the children in his bed with him.

He picked up Michael and Shroud, who had been watching them quietly, and carried them to his soft bed with the bedsheets that he had temporarily borrowed from Ebony. He would make his own and new clothes for the three of them soon.

He had gotten them situated and cuddled up next to him when Michael said his third new word of the night.

"Home?"

"We are home now buddy," Tommy said, cuddling Michael closer.

"Home...." Michael said sadly with another whimper.

"I know buddy. I know..." Tommy said, and with that, he began singing to the two.

"Hold on to me as we go," he started, feeling the two cuddle into him more as they listened.

"As we roll down this unfamiliar road," he continued.

"And although this wave is stringing us along," he sang as he felt the twos' bodies individually relax.

"Just know you're not alone," he sang sadly.

"'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home," he promised as the three fell asleep.